• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Practice run

nikki f

Been told by my dietician I should have a practice run of the liver shrinking diet and the surgeon wants me to loose 10% of my weight by my next app in October that's between 11-12kgs never been able to loose this amount before and am now panicking something rotten.
So yesterday I cleared out my cupboard and fridge and went shopping with items only on the list. I've been guven low cal low carb diet. It doesn't seem too scary and I started this morning and my poor fellas doing it with me. You should have seen his face when u gave him his tiny lunch poor man.
Anyway surgeon says once he sees me in oct he should be able to give me my date as long as i loose the weight, don't hey know not being able to loose weight is my problem in the first place!!!
Anyway this is where I'm at on my journey any advice will be great. Xxx

Last edited:
I'm on day 3 of my practice run of pre op liver shrinkage and I've got up today with a stinking headache!!!
Finding it really difficult to not have a munch glad I cleared the cupboards and fridge out of naughty items!!!
It's really bad but honestly I'm already sick of the sight of salad and green stuff even though I actually love them.
Does any if this actually make any sense???
I'm allowed a weetabix for breakfast, 4 slices if wafer thin ham or chicken or 2 dairy lea triangles with as much greenery as I want and for dinner a small chicken breast 100g or 150g fish or seafood, or 100g tofu with 2 tbl potatoes, pasta, rice (do u know how tiny 2 tbl is!!!! ) along with as much veg salad etc
Does anyone know how I can jazz this up and make it more exciting as my poor bf is doing it with me. X

Hi nikki. I need to loose 8kg. I was given s British heart foundation diet and the amount they told me to eat was stupid. Because of my size (24 st) they wanted me to eat equivalent of 2900 calories a day!!!!! That's supposed to make
E loose weight? I think not! I have reduced it by a 3rd at least a doing ok so far. Sounds like a bit more than they told you to eat hun. I have my first consultation on the 14th September (only had seminar a week ago). Hoping to loose at least half by then which is a total of 9lbs. This bit is so hard... Just want it done now so I can start a new life. Do you know what surgery you will have? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I've decided on the bypass I've spent enough if my life battling with weight issues and u think this us the best tool to help me avoid doing so in the future.
Done quite well the 1at week list 4 kgs do I was amazed but last week I put on 1kg and dare not weigh myself yet. Really frustrated as I'm eating under 1000 calories a day and literally no carbs just 2 tbs worth with my dinner.
I'm hoping it will get better once I've had the op.
How's your diet going??? X

Alol of us who had our ops at Luton and Dunstable had to do the milk diet (or equivalent) for a month and lose 5% or we would not be moved forward for the op. So there are plenty of us on here who have done it!!!!

Good luck

I've decided on the bypass I've spent enough if my life battling with weight issues and u think this us the best tool to help me avoid doing so in the future.
Done quite well the 1at week list 4 kgs do I was amazed but last week I put on 1kg and dare not weigh myself yet. Really frustrated as I'm eating under 1000 calories a day and literally no carbs just 2 tbs worth with my dinner.
I'm hoping it will get better once I've had the op.
How's your diet going??? X

If you eat too few calories your body goes into starvation mode which could be why you gained/ stopped losing. definately cutting out carbs helps.

Back