• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So down..

kittyboo

i recieved info on the criteria for wlsurgery in my area today and it is a BMI of 60> or 40 with type II diabetes.

I find this to be disgusting. Is it because in Scotland people are fatter anyway so they make the criteria even more stringent so that us regular fat folk don't get any help.

I'm so angry and down about this now. I had thought my BMI of 50 was terrible but hey it would seem not so terrible seeing as i dont qualify! I have stopped taking my xenical aswell as i really have had enough with everything.

GRRRR :mad:

Get you doc to ask for funding under exceptional circumstances,this is if you have something else wrong with you ie depression,hernias,prolapse.Maz x

Yes - do try and speak to your GP. My funding was rejected first time round as my BMI wasn't as high as some, but they then went on to do other tests and i had high blood pressure, boarderline diabetes, family history of heart problems, asthma which all went in favour of my getting the funding the second time round. Keep at em, and show that you are willing to fight for what you deserve. ;) Don't give up. xx

Go see you doctor hun, so not fair i feel like sometimes they want to make you get more over weight to qualify... x

if your not getting through to them get your local mp to help i wrote an email to him asking if he could help me get funding for a lfe saving op why should i have to get uncontrollable heart disease and uncontrollable diabetes in the last 2 and a half year i have cost the welsh nhs (cos i get sent to an english hospital) with amblances and care and drugs 28657 pound in care so tell them its cheaper to fund your op now than it will if you keep get sent to hospital

Thanks for all the replies.. I've made an appointment to go see my GP again so will go with a little gusto this time. Fingers crossed and I shall let u all know how successful i am xx

Good luck Kitty. I hope you're successful. Ask for a full blood count and an "MOT". If they find co-morbidities they will help. Even pain in joints and your back is Osteo arthritis, that counts. Gastric reflux (heartburn) that counts.Stress incontinence. Make sure every ache, pain and ailment due to your weight are counted. Ask for a sleep study to check for sleep apnoea. Good luck Hun. xxxx

I hope it goes better with your GP huni. Really go for it and email or speak to anyone you can. MP, GP, PCT etc. Let them see how determined you are. Let us know how you get on. I'll be thinking of you

X

Definitely suggest asking for a second opinion and talk to your family to see if there's any history of diabetes, heart problems, cancer, high blood pressure, etc. I was very much on the borderline but I have a 5 "co-morbidities" which put me straight on the list and my finding was approved by the PCT.
It's not an easy fight, but it's worth doing! x

Thanks so much for the support guys.

There is already a string of heart problems and high blood pressure in my family.

I have such bad back pain it's unreal but something I've grown to live with (will tell GP now). Also have knee trouble too. I'm really glad u mentioned heartburn as I have been plagued with it for so long I've been wondering what the heck is wrong with me.. I didn't realise that being very overweight would be a cause.

I've gone for different female GP so hoping it will at least make them reconsider. I'm very good at writing letters and I've shouted loudest for my son who has health troubles but honestly hadn't thought about pitting the same effort in for myself for some reason.

I am really glad u guys are here for all the tips and advice as I was completely resigned to the fact I wasn't getting any help.

My mission has officially begun!!! xxx

Back