• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So how much can you eat NOW?

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
I am just wondering after your bypas, say 12 months out, how much can you eat?

Have your tastes changed? What do you like that you didn't used to like? What do you hate that you used to love?

Im ten months out,gone off tea now drink coffee.No longer eat salads and fruit like I did.Dont eat half a loaf of bread per day!Dont guzzle diet lemo anymore.Still love cheese.Dont like eggs much.CAN eat chocolate and do!Small amounts that are waiting for me in the loo bowl next toilet visit!They go right through!Chomped up Thorntons!lol.
I thought my belly skin would hang further but is not too bad and at 56 I can live with it!Boobs are like shrunken apples in a sock!
Health is fab no aches and pains,no headaches,feel years younger.I do worry about nutrition and try to keep protein foremost but dont always manage it.Carbs are ever present!
Never miss my follow up appointments and supplements,walk everywhere now and love it!
I have so many clothes(Coats and long boots!)I will have a clearout in the New Year.
Im so looking forward to the spring and summer,vest and jeans fabulous!Maz x

i'm 5 months out and can not believe i actually eat meat now and love it! beef is by far my favorite, and before op i wouldn't touch it. I eat around a tea plate size or just under now and feel happy with that.
I still have head hunger where i really fancy something nice though but i know if i do i will be poorly. I can eat maybe a square of chocolate but not even a funsize bar anymore without feeling really poorly. Crisps are ok but half a bag max for me before i feel full lol so funny as used to have 6bags in a row in the past.

I'm 23 months post op and eat roughly the same size meals as my 6 year old daughter.
I can eat chocolate in small amounts, if i eat too much i suffer severe dumping and pass out for 10-15 mins.
Carbs are ok now in moderation.
I do tend to cheat with higher fat/Kcal foods as i am happy with my weight and if i'm good i continue to loose weight.
xx

I can eat a bag of crisps, but no more than a multipack bag or i feel ill. Eat half a 1 person ready meal, so say 150-200g. So far i can eat anything in moderation and chewed well. Portions are that of a 4-5 year old.

Havent gone off anything. I just now become addicted to things which are tasty and dont hurt. So i went through a melon stage and now just coming out of a homemade curry addiction haha.

I've started to drink tea more and am really pleased in no longer a slave to coke cola lol.

The biggest thing i miss is mindless eating, where you dont worry about what your eating or how. I miss the ability to just switch off and enjoy the food. Thats probably why i over eat on the safe foods then get bored of them haha.

Saying that i now want some melon...

Nearly 4 months post op - bypass

Xx

Im ten months out,gone off tea now drink coffee.No longer eat salads and fruit like I did.Dont eat half a loaf of bread per day!Dont guzzle diet lemo anymore.Still love cheese.Dont like eggs much.CAN eat chocolate and do!Small amounts that are waiting for me in the loo bowl next toilet visit!They go right through!Chomped up Thorntons!lol.
I thought my belly skin would hang further but is not too bad and at 56 I can live with it!Boobs are like shrunken apples in a sock!
Health is fab no aches and pains,no headaches,feel years younger.I do worry about nutrition and try to keep protein foremost but dont always manage it.Carbs are ever present!
Never miss my follow up appointments and supplements,walk everywhere now and love it!
I have so many clothes(Coats and long boots!)I will have a clearout in the New Year.
Im so looking forward to the spring and summer,vest and jeans fabulous!Maz x

Thanks for that. I'm getting so excited about my op now.

What a great thread! Thank you :)

I have been fascinated reading it. It has made me even more excited!

Sometimes there is a thread that makes me smile loads.

Thanks Lou :D

Bring on the side plate!!!

i cant eat boiled or fried rice anymore i eat lots of fruit n veg no chocs or bikkies no fried food no fizzy drinks i do eat granary bread and the size of meals varies from day to day but in all honesty most days im under 2000 cals a day easily. i have a large protien shake everyday some days i can eat a fair ammount but other days i eat very little just down to not being hungry but despite all this i feel great

Things will be different but dont lose sight of the fact that there is life after WLS!
We become normal eaters instead of the greedy,mindless,comfort eaters of old.Work with the changes and your life will change so much for the better.For me there are three big changes that have made such a difference and I just know other post oppers will agree,pre oppers will remember me saying this in the months to come.
1.My life is no longer ruled by food.
2.I no longer feel guilt/self loathing when eating.
3.I dont wake every Monday morning saying 'This week will be the start of the diet that makes me slim for the rest of my life'
The weight has not only been lifted from my body,but my mind too and that is the greatest feeling of freedom the surgery will give all of you.
Happy New Year and Happy New You!
Love too you all.Maz x

I am just wondering after your bypas, say 12 months out, how much can you eat?

Nowhere near as much as I think, lol ... I never eat a full meal but am always full when I leave food on my plate. It's is a dream ... it is probably what naturally slim people feel :D xxx

I'm 18 months out and on a good day give me a Gregg's baguette and i'll eat it, albeit over 45 minutes (and before you shoot me i only ever did it once).

I have to say that it all depends on your food choices. If i do it the bypass way and aim for protein then its small meals, however i am still a slave to carbs....

Christmas dinner for me was 2 small slices of turkey, 5 sprouts a couple of slices of carrots and a tsp of mash. My sister put the rest in a pot for me to take home :)

No one could say a word anyway lol....You have done soooo well! Imagine taking 45 mins to eat a baguette. I take more like 4-5 mins, and thats only because I may be texting too lol

After inhaling my food pretty much for the past 28 years it will be interesting to see what i can eat.

Muffintop83 said:
After inhaling my food pretty much for the past 28 years it will be interesting to see what i can eat.

Lol!!!! Inhaling!!

Things will be different but dont lose sight of the fact that there is life after WLS!
We become normal eaters instead of the greedy,mindless,comfort eaters of old.Work with the changes and your life will change so much for the better.For me there are three big changes that have made such a difference and I just know other post oppers will agree,pre oppers will remember me saying this in the months to come.
1.My life is no longer ruled by food.
2.I no longer feel guilt/self loathing when eating.
3.I dont wake every Monday morning saying 'This week will be the start of the diet that makes me slim for the rest of my life'
The weight has not only been lifted from my body,but my mind too and that is the greatest feeling of freedom the surgery will give all of you.
Happy New Year and Happy New You!
Love too you all.Maz x

Thats amazing Maz. I have been like this for so long, I cant imagine ever feeling that way - but sooooooooooo hope I do!

xxx

Back