• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what foods do you not eat now that you couldnt be with out before

sewingbelle56

i was wondering the opposite to the what foods do you miss most thread.

what do you not eat anymore that most surprises you, something that you had to have before that you are not bothered about now?

for me i would say it has to be cakes and yogurts.

i darent eat yogurts any more after 2 dumpings episodes following eating half a yogurt but im not bothered at all

and as for cakes my comfort food with a latte coffe i dont even want one my taste buds seam to have changed and i dont like sweet foods infact most foods taste too sweet now and i keep adding salt or spices to savory it up.

i thought i would really miss cakes before but i really dont

Nothing at the mo I can eat everthing I ate before my op with no probs Just a lot less

i was wondering the opposite to the what foods do you miss most thread.

what do you not eat anymore that most surprises you, something that you had to have before that you are not bothered about now?

for me i would say it has to be cakes and yogurts.

i darent eat yogurts any more after 2 dumpings episodes following eating half a yogurt but im not bothered at all

and as for cakes my comfort food with a latte coffe i dont even want one my taste buds seam to have changed and i dont like sweet foods infact most foods taste too sweet now and i keep adding salt or spices to savory it up.

i thought i would really miss cakes before but i really dont

You know saying that I have heard a few people on here say that there taste buds have totaly changed and that they no longer like the things they craved before. Hope mine do hee hee:D

Chocolate hasn't passed my lips since mid June, and I used to be a total chocaholic before;):D

Hiya

I havent eaten chips of any kind since my surgery 15 months ago, and I used to really love a chip butty:cry: (one of the reasons that I was the size I was I suppose). About 5 months ago after a band fill I could not tolerate bread anymore, and rarely eat it now. I dont really miss it that much, although it is hard to come up with ideas of how to have a sandwich without the bread:D.
MyNewLife

Having done lipotrim for 3 months before hand and then gone onto healthy eating for 9 months i suppose i had changed my lifestyle soo much that there really isnt anything. The only thing that annoys me more than miss it and can certainly live without it is the lac of sugar free drinks that are none fizzy when in a pub or club.

I choose to eat choc protein bars rather than regular chocolate. If I'm going to have something choccified it might as well be doing something useful!

I used to eat loads of fruit. At the moment all fruit makes me feel sick. I'll keep persevering though as I know its good for me so I'm hoping I can eventually start to enjoy it again.

I used to eat loads of fruit. At the moment all fruit makes me feel sick. I'll keep persevering though as I know its good for me so I'm hoping I can eventually start to enjoy it again.
I was like that at first Sam , then tried red grapes, and honeydew melon, and they're fine:D

I was like that at first Sam , then tried red grapes, and honeydew melon, and they're fine:D

Ooh thanks for the tip hun. Never been a fan of melon but I guess i could give it a go as my tastes have changed a fair bit since the op. I love grapes though and I havent tried them post op so I'll get some when Im shopping tomorrow xx

Where to start..........
Pizza
Chips and fish with mushy peas
KFC
Chinese banquettes
Steak Puddings
Egg fried rice
Kongs pea fritters
Pepsimax
Crusty bread
Cheese butties
Sausage butties
Chocolate (Any kind)
Sweets
Pizza (I ate a lot of pizza)
Dumpling stews
English breakfasts from Morrisons..................

The list is endless and a complete lie :eek: :D I miss them all like old friends :cry::cry: LOL

I guess I don't miss Pepsimax as much as I thought I would. I used to drink 4 litres a day too :eek:

I miss crisps - I eat them every so often now - but I do miss sitting down and eating 32 packets in one sitting! (slight exaggeration, but it was anything up to 6 packs a day!)
Things I dont miss - chips, KFC and Burgers

I can't eat bread, I can manage wholemeal toast but not as good as thick white bread.

Crisps, I was addicted!!!! big time,

KFC and mcdonalds and chips of any kind as they stick in my chest.

I see this as an added bonus to the op.

Back