• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypassers - Can you eat raw food without pain?

Perissa

RnY bypassers can you eat raw veg and salad foods without it affecting you?

I can eat pretty much what I want as long as I eat it slowly enough apart from anything raw. Its not my pouch that complains. About half to an hour to am hour after eating my guts are soooo painful. I used to like things like coleslaw, and spring onion with tuna mayo. I love raw veg and salads but since my RnY I can't eat any of it. I am in agony for hours afterwards.

I presume because this type of food is hard to digest and my guts simply can't deal with it.

Can you eat raw foods?

Yep. I have raw carrots with dips, and salads quite regularly. The only thing that bothers my tummy is chips!

Are you chewing them enough?

Yep, I eat very slowly and chew thoroughly. I can even eat white fresh bread like this with no problems. I can eat cooked onions, veg etc but not raw.

no idea then sorry :(

I can eat raw veg & fruit just fine. I even eat the skin on apples & pears, no problem. I also have noticed I can fit in a large amount of salad if I am not careful. I still have issue with more than a few bites of white bread but that is really it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I can eat fruit by the bucket load with no problems. I had a quarter of a sandwich with coleslaw recently and was in pain for a good 6 hours!

Perissa Im not there yet, still on the mashed food! but I would think it is that u have a problem digesting it, strange how we're all so different! maybe try again in a month?

I've got my 6 month check up soon and will discuss it with my dietition and surgeon. I just wondered if others were the the same.

I have a problem with lettuce that is not crunchy it wont go down so I stick to ones like iceberg or little gems...other than that I am fine on things....its odd what will go down fine one day may not the next...I think it helps keep us on our toes at times lol..xx

Do you always have mayo or some sort of dressing with your raw veg & salad? It could be the fat in the dressings if you do.

Back