• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So peed off

Suzie I really do feel for u, life can be proper cack sometimes and seem so unfair. Im another who was told had pcos along with endometriosis was given metformin -took it for a few months but had to stop...it was driving me crazy, gave me really bad number 2s...constantly running for the loo. Im not eligible for nhs ivf as my partner already has a daughter, periods are so heavy amd painful atm my partner almost phoned ambulance for me the other day. I cant do it anymore....4 years we have been trying, have lost weight and still nothing. I'm sure me and my fella r just not compatible (sperm and egg wise) so have made a huge decision to try with a friends sperm. If no joy by Christmas then its dream over...im going back on the pill, honestly cant deal with the pain (emotional and physical) of it every month. Anyway so my message to u Suzie is u are not alone love, sorry to go on but just wanted to explain my story to u x x

No need to be sorry, it's good to share experiences and thanks for being honest and open. It somehow feels better when you know you're not alone doesn't it.
It's really hard to deal with the emotional rollercoaster sometimes.
Some days I can say I'm ok with not having kids then other days it feels like the worst thing, especially hard sometimes because I work in a nursery- nothing like rubbing salt into the wounds!!
Good luck with your plans, I really hope it works out for you. x

Have you tried clomid?? You can only be referred by your GP and I believe you can only have 6 months of it? Its a hormone drug to aid conception. They will only refer you once you've lost weight though. Im not sure if there is an age limit or not? I cant give you much help with regards to clomid as I havent had it myself but know its supposed to help when trying for a baby. Google?

I was in a similar position as you last year, went to fertility clinic, told to lose 10% of my weight before they would do anything for me, sent back to docs. Doc referred me to a weight loss program at spire with the possibilty of surgery at the end... refused surgery, sent back to the docs. My gp then had to appeal in order for me to get an appointment at the hospital... im having a bypass in 2 weeks. After a year, my husband and I will be trying for a baby again. We already have a little boy whos 2. I have severe PCOS he was a miracle baby. Im only 24 but will fight for more babies!!!
Dont give up, it could happen yet! Good luck hun x

I tried clomid about 5 years ago but with no luck. It was horrid, I felt like my ovaries were going to explode!
I'm hoping the metformin will at least help with my targets to lose weight before surgery as it seemed absolutely impossible to lose anything at all before.
Good luck for your surgery and I hope everything works out really well for you x

Hi I fell pregnant after 2 months on metformin, was on a really high dose, hated the side effects (toilet issues) but it did the job 6 years ago. No periods for years and too heavy for fertility treatment, but metformin kicked my cycle into touch.
I didn't go back on it after my youngest son, and then managed to go on a waiting list for surgery (thanks to the same consultant who had given me metformin, he recommended gastric surgery, had this in Feb this year. Am now 12 stone 7, 14-16. I fell pregnant at about 18 stone, not recommended but it can be possible. I had PCOS. Good luck, I know how much it means x

i have pcos and was given metformin, i loved it, lost 2 and a half stone without trying really. they then gave me clomid and i was pregnant by the end of the month so they believe it was purely down to the metformin. i was meant to be back on it when i stopped expressing for my daughter at 18 months old but was told new guidelines say not to give for pcos and while my sugars were high at 8.2 that i wasnt diabetic so couldnt have it back

Thanks borogirl and robina, that's really positive to hear, I'm keeping everything crossed :)
Though in fairness the issues are more than pcos so I'm not overly optimistic but you never know. If all else fails, there's still the chance of wls and I'll have to just focus on getting skinny!

Back