• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So tired

Paula1975

3 months out now, an still feel tired. The dietician did warn me that the first 6 months u feel tired and can in turn be quite short tempered. I'm waiting to get her letter so I have confirmation my prescription is ready for murky it's calcium n iron. Will they help out?
I so miss my red bull :( lol
Nearest I get is lucozade lite
Work is getting busy now coming up to Xmas(yes it's still 7/8 weeks away) but that's retail

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Are you saying that you are not on calcium and iron at the moment???

I am on both of those plus the b12 injection, vitamins and minerals

Yeah, just multivits. Hoping the rest will sort the tiredness out

I went on them all as soon as I went home thye gave me a supply to come home with then the docs did me prescriptions, i have always had to buy my multivits like but the rest was on script, from day 1, no winder you are feeling tired but I KNOW I felt tired and I did have all of them so just relax when you can sit when you can. xx

yeah never got anyone of that from day 1, got my letter to gp today for prescription, so hopefully pick them up next week and start to feel a bit more normal

Thats really unbelievable!! All the guidance says that you should have multi vits, calcium and Iron plus the b12 injection.

I have a friend who was 'done' at a different hospital and was not given any of the above, she was really ill and ended up having B12 loading injections, she had them on alternative days until her levels came up.

Hi

I am also only on multi vitamins, and I understand that is quite normal and you only need to take the extra items like calcium, Iron and B12 etc if you have blood test done often after 6 months or so and they show any deficiencies. I know that it is said that women of a certain age should take calcium but that applies to everyone not just WLS patients.

Don't pump yourself full of things your body don't need, as some vitamins and minerals can make you quite ill if you overdose them.

Paul

I guess different hospitals/pct do things differently. The dietician has now written to gp and recommend that I now have iron and calcium. On top of mutlivits. So will pick them up hopefully next week.

HI Paula, sorry to hear you are feeling so tired. Have you felt like that since immediately post-op? Just wondering as I'm kinda waiting for the tiredness to kickin (I'm 5 weeks postop)!

I was supposed to be taking my vits when I started eating food last week but I didn't read the paperwork properly (or I did but it was back in August)! I had my 4 week check today and got a list of vits from the hospital. I have to take 2 x sanatogen, 2 x calcichew and 2 x Galfer FA (used to be pregaday but they are out of stock or something). I'm off to dcs on Monday.

Hope you feel better soon x

Sorry you feel so rough, but I'm glad it's not just me. I'm 8 wks post-op and so tired all the time - and really irritable too! I keep having to apologise for being such a snappy cow. Seeing the surgeon next week so will ask what else apart from multi-vits I can take. Hope you get yours sorted - pls let us know if the added vits etc make a difference.

Back