• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SO TYPICAL

BlueDiamond

Hi all

I was due to see the surgeon in 2 weeks and I gets a letter yesterday saying its been put back till flaming MARCH ! ! another 4 months to wait, this would have been my first time too see the surgeon and when that comes about (providing it dont get put back again) ! am so sodding fed up and I been waiting since July to see the psychiatrist and still not heard. I have telephoned them and they say they cannot tell me when I will get an appointment or anything, At this rate , I might as well chuck in the towel, I was hoping not to be fat, frumpy @ forty next year doesnt look likely now..................:cry:Am considering withdrawing from wls altogether now ! !

Thanks in Advance for reading - A very fustrated MeJulie xx

Last edited:
hi m8 i know how disheartened u r feeling please dont throw this all away,maybe call them to find out y it could be because of seeing phycatrisy maybe............c if they can get u a sooner appointment if they have cancellation,keep your chin up hear if need me

sarah xx

Just totally pee'd off with all this waiting Thelma, I went to docs coz me knees are giving me serious trouble and I gets told I wont be referred to hosp coz I am TOO young and TOO overweight, so basically I am in pain 24/7 and I just gotta put up with it , it aint flaming on !!!!!!!!!!! Why should I have to live in pain for 20-30 years because I am TOO young to be referred to knees replacements.......!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks 4 postingxx

Hi Julie,
What a b*mmer
I've come to the conclusion the system is delibrately shrouded in mystery to make us that grateful in the end to finally get any treatment/attention

I know it's so difficult to remain calm/logical/unemotional -
I can burst into tears just thinking about how to get a step nearer to funding

You just keep on keeping on girl (KBO - as Churchill said!)
Good luck

that sounds awfull might be worth speaking to pals people seeing if something can be done. just out of intrest tho with a bmi of 36 will you still be eligble for surgery i dont know how that works

that sounds awfull might be worth speaking to pals people seeing if something can be done. just out of intrest tho with a bmi of 36 will you still be eligble for surgery i dont know how that works

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have been informed that in my area a bmi of 35-40 (with comorbidities) you are eligable for surgery and these are the ones I have (listed below)

asthma
hypertension
acid reflux
fatty liver
osteoarthritis both knees
pcos
High Cholestrol

I have now received my appointment for the food eating clinic (consultant Psychiatrist) , so basically it all rests on the surgeon. All I can do is wait and see, I seem to be going down the same route as everyone else, and I know nothing is for definate until surgeon says yes and funding is in place. All I and do is wait I guess......

Back