• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SO WORRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anne2009

Hi Everyone

I am worried because I have a sore throat today and my gastric bypass op is on the 14th September. I'm worried what will happen regarding my op if this turns into a full blown cold.

Over the last few weeks, I have been trying to avoid catching a cold and now I am worried if I get a cold over the next day or so - I won't be well enough to have my operation.

I've never had an op, so its taken me time to get to the stage I am at where I don't feel scared and calm. I don't want my op to be cancelled.

Just feel so down.

ANNE x

First of all dont panic!!If it is a full blown cold it will be gone in time for your op anyway.Dose yourself up with all the usual meds,drink plenty of fluids to flush yourself out and rest.If you have a residual chest problem they will re schedule you to be on the safe side.Your op will happen one day cold or no cold!

hi there i was same and still had sore throte on day i went in nurce said just to drink as long as i could before stopping food and drink .....did opp for me so maybe give them a ring as thay do blood tests on day of opp

Start taking vitimin C - take 1000mg a day, which is the maximum the body can store, dont worry if you take to much as it cant harm you and comes out in your urine and feaces ! - 4 days and you will kill a cold, its the only thing that works !

I take 1000mg of vit C every day, since my op 1 year ago i've not had a cold, sore throat or picked up any sort of bug, dispite my family getting colds and sore throats !

Hi Everyone

I am worried because I have a sore throat today and my gastric bypass op is on the 14th September. I'm worried what will happen regarding my op if this turns into a full blown cold.

Over the last few weeks, I have been trying to avoid catching a cold and now I am worried if I get a cold over the next day or so - I won't be well enough to have my operation.

I've never had an op, so its taken me time to get to the stage I am at where I don't feel scared and calm. I don't want my op to be cancelled.

Just feel so down.

ANNE x

Hi Anne

You have more than 2 weeks so whatever bug you have now will surely be gone by the time of your op day.

Drink plenty of fluids, lots of VitC and contrary to the beliefe that you should stay home and keep warm...you should get plenty of fresh air......Germs hate cool fresh air.

Hope you feel better soon and good luck on your op.

(((hugs)))

I'm sure you'll be fine hun. Just drink lots, take any meds you need and wrap up warm!!!

xxx

Back