• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SOME HELP PLEASE IF YOU CAN

I can see the how the addication can be transfered i get bored and i used to use food i still think about it all day every day that has not changed and some days i feel very LOW :cry:...

I

Last edited:
Can Recommendations on the Use of Alcohol after surgery be stickied this is a frequently asked question

hi mandy your being very brave asking for help on here, i hope you get sorted soon hun as addiction transfere is a serious thing and happens to more people than would really admit to it.

heres the link you requested.

liz x

Alcoholism After Gastric Bypass - A Real Problem. - Wellsphere

Thanks Liz..... Wouldn't say brave but I can see a problem plus it is getting worse and i need to sort it out so admitting it is always the first step............

Thanks Liz..... Wouldn't say brave but I can see a problem plus it is getting worse and i need to sort it out so admitting it is always the first step............

its good that you can see its a problem and your trying to tackle it before it becomes to out of hand, heres a link to a forum you may find usefull, use it if you think it might help if not then just delete it.

Alcoholic Help - Support Forum - Bright Eye

What an angel

Liz you are so good at helping people hun, you always come up with the info people are looking for and say just the right thing.
I dont know how to rep hun, but if I could I would send you 100's cos you are an angel on this site and I bet your family and friends are so glad to have you around.

:eek: so your a alcoholic shopper lol, we can find you in the booze isle ? ;)

pass the rest of the wine over here i shall finish that off 4 u :p

Yeah seriously i've become a shop a holic, i've even had the bank stop my card because they noticed a pattern emmerging on Amazon - i've even got an app on my phone straight to Amazon so i can check what the price of something is on Amazon whilst standing in a shop ! :eek: and the worse bit is the more expensive the purchase the more excited about it i get :eek: and its not just resricted to clothing either, gadgets, boating stuff or even bits and bobs for my cars, even went out and bought my wife new hub caps for her car just to get my daily fix.......I need re hab :D

Booze - one glass of wine and i'm anyone's, i seriously cant drink anymore, mind you i wasn't that good pre op !

Liz, I can't rep you either since I have rep'd you recently but just know that your support is appreciated.

Mandy, hun I hope you get the info you need and it is indeed brave to admit when you have a problem. Just know that you are not alone and that you are not the first to struggle. In America, where 200,000 people have wls per year, 25-30% of the people have some sort of transfer addition, that is a big number of people who struggle.

Hugs,
Nic;)

hug-1.gif

Hi Everyone.....

Sorry I haven't been posting but things are very bad at moment....

But i am in desperate need for help on having the Bypass and drinking Alcohol and the effects...... I have tried researching this but not come up with very much....

Can anyone help with any articles they may have found

Thanks wouldn't ask but am very desperate now

Hi Mandy - you are one brave lady and i'm glad you have admitted about this addiction. Sending you hugs with fairy dust to let you know your not alone x

P.S. Liz you are truly an amazing lady so glad we have someone like you here to turn to for the good times and the bad - never stop caring. Sending you hugs with fairy dust for just being a brilliant youx

P.S. Liz you are truly an amazing lady so glad we have someone like you here to turn to for the good times and the bad - never stop caring. Sending you hugs with fairy dust for just being a brilliant youx

aww thankyou x this is what this sites about caring about each other and looking out for each other thro what ever wls throws at us both good and bad.

hooray 4 minis x

right im off now as i cant see thro my specs for all that fairy dust lol;)

liz x

Mandy, i'm really sorry you're going through a hard time. Well done for seeing it as a problem and seeking help.

My addiction has transferred to the internet.

stupid me .

i was worried about you as you had not being posting

yes your brave to admit it all. i think you should look for help. Please tell your dr about your serious depression and the fact that your worried you may be developing a reliance on alcohol...your dr may be able to reassure you and will hopefully get you the help you need to deal with your problems

you are most certainly not alone.

you really are brave to admit these worries. i would seriously get help before things get worse

Last edited:
Really informative post! I stopped drinking altogether way before my op so not really thought about it until i read mandy's post.

I hope your ok hun, remember you'll never be judged on here, and we r all here for ya. Shoulder to cry on or should i say monitor/laptop to cry on xx

wow Liz what and amazind article where did you find that little treasure. I will have to add geting drunk to me list of thigs to do before the next fortnight is up, Ha the way I type I sound drunk already!!!
1 Tequila 2 Quetila 3 Sequila Floor!

wow Liz what and amazind article where did you find that little treasure. I will have to add geting drunk to me list of thigs to do before the next fortnight is up, Ha the way I type I sound drunk already!!!
1 Tequila 2 Quetila 3 Sequila Floor!

the links for it further up the thread somewhere lol.

oh yeah get mullered before ya times up haha !:party0036::7834:

a good night out with the lasses on the cards ? ;)

Back