• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric bypass

charity

I had gastric bypass surgery done 5wks ago in belguim, and although they were very nice, they dont give any aftercare, and i am struggleing with eating at the moment, i have lost one and half stone already but am not eating very much at all, as i dont know what to eat that wont make me feel sick and bad, please can anyone help as i dont know anyone who has had this procedure done

I had gastric bypass surgery done 5wks ago in belguim, and although they were very nice, they dont give any aftercare, and i am struggleing with eating at the moment, i have lost one and half stone already but am not eating very much at all, as i dont know what to eat that wont make me feel sick and bad, please can anyone help as i dont know anyone who has had this procedure done

Hi ya

Right to start with your need to start your day with a good protein drink.
And you eat less but often . Here is a guide

8am Protein drink
10am Milk
12pm Soup
3pm Milk
6pm Soup and scoop of plain low fat icecream
8-9pm Milk

Anytime between these times you can drink tea and have any sugar free drink ( Non fizzy )

These are the times to eat dont forget to take all your vit's and minerals and iron . Vits just use chewable shop bought
The protein drink can be shop bought ie Slim fast etc .

But they also come from prescription ask your doctors for

Galfer sugar free liquid iron supplement
Calcichew - d forte ( chewable calcium )
Fresubin energy fiber Drink (protein)

These must all be taken everyday (MUST)
Plus every 3 months a vit b12 injection from your doctor

The times ive given are when you should eat roughly but you can change the food to how you like but having the milk gives more protein which you need but you can swap it out for cheese.

I hope this help a little as this is a easy diet to consume. when you feel you can eat more solid foods . change the main meal at 6pm to some thing like Boiled veg , mash , mince chicken and home made gravey no meat fats in it.

Shout me if you need to know anything else

Back