• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Someone has got me thinking about saggy skin....

Meggie

I was chatting to a bloke tonight who started talking about the saggy skin left after a bypass. Got me thinking whether I have given enough thought to that side of it. I obviously expect to have a certain amount of saggy skin after but don't know how depressed I'd be if the skin allover my body was really saggy!!!!!

Thoughts?!?

I think it depends on how big your are when you start, how old you are and how quickly you lose it. Im sure if your not too big and you have young skin you will be fine as you can excercise and tighten some of it up but the longer you have had it the harder it will be.
I am expecting to have some lose skin on tummy, arms and legs, Just have to get some control pants until I have it done when im finished :)

Hi there,

Saggy skin after a large weightloss is sadly a possibility.

You won't know until you reach goal and wait 2 years. That is the recommended time scale to wait.

Also some PCTS offer surgery, so its worth looking at that as an option.

Try not to worry, it will be better to have a bit of flappy skin than to suffer the side effects of obesity.

I know I'll defo have some around my belly. I am a little worried about my boobs. And my arms. And legs. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

This is something that does'nt worry me. I'm too old to be worrying about saggy skin so I'll just be happy slimmer and healthier with the extra skin tucked away somewhere lol. My pct do fund for tummy tucks, arm and leg lifts so if I do feel the need then there's a chance I'll get it done. Don't be stressing yet as you've a fair way to go and being so young you should'nt have as much as us oldies anywayxx

How do you find out if your PCT funds for tummy tucks etc? I would defo consider doing it if needs be. I know I've got a fair while to go, and I know deep down I do still want the op otherwise I'll be fat FOREVER!!!!!!! I'm just tired and having a wobble I think!!!

Roll on the 7th of September when I have my appointment with the Consultant. I wonder if I'll be with Dr Heath or Dr Sufi?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

When I went for my 1st consultation they gave me some leaflets. I spoke with my surgeon and he said if I maintained my weightloss for 2 years he would then refer me to plastics for tummy,top of arms and top of legs.Aks your surgeon as he may know whether its funded in your area.good luckxx

Will do. Thanks hun. Only 24 days to go!!! Woohoo!!! Hahahahaha!!

I would trade my old fat self for saggy skin 100 times over and am ever so pleased to have made the choice I did. That said I have lots of saggy skin and to be honest it bothers me more than I thought that it would. I love my new mslimmer body and I am incredibly lucky to have had a swift and trouble free wls journey. However my bat wings, loose thigh fat and my large belly over hang are things that I seem to fixate on. Really thought that I wouldn't be bothered as I was doing all this for my health but the vanity element can creep up on you. I am not unhappy by any means, but I am more critical than I thought I would be.

Those people out there who have not been obese their entire lives or are on the younger side can look forward to 'snap back' of their skin. However if you are like me having always been fat and are over 30, the 'snap back' is smaller and the saggy skin more abundant. It is a real thing and something to give thought to. But it is a much smaller concern and is a price I am truly happy to pay! Now if I could just find someone to give me lipo, a body lift, tummy tuck, batwing removal and a boob job financed say over the next 15 years for zero interest I would be all set!! LOL...

Nic

Lol!! Thanks hun! I completely agree and think I will probably feel the same. I would probably sell a kidney or something to get enough money to fund a tummy tuck but otherwise I'd hope I could live with it!! I'm just being silly!!!

Back