• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

someone pinch me!

starr

very happy post opper
just wanted to wish all the pre oppers good luck on their journeys,and wanted to say how good i feel since my wls,despite a few probs at the beginning ,i can honestly say ive never felt happier or healthier,,i bought 2 pairs of boots today ,that actually do up!,i had to buy a big chunky cardy cos i feel the cold and my smaller knickers seem to be falling down ,so must need smaller,,,,,again! and i love every minute!!,except for one thing,,a girl who had her op at same time as me ,as completely changed, she was funny , kind and caring but since the op shes become so self obsessed,and talks down about people who av weight problems,and seems to think her weight loss makes her better than others who are struggling ,and an expert on wls, just wondered if anyone else has noticed this in people ,,,i hope its just the excitement of the weight loss and that shel come back to being her old self ,,ive warned my family to tell me if i start getting up my own ever decreasing bottom,lol xxxxxxxxxx,love to all xxx

I could never put anyone down about there weight not even if i was a size 8, i know how it feels like we all do and its not nice.

I hope the surgery doesnt change my personality, i hope it makes me less stressful yes but i dont want to become a mean girl we all knew them at school and even now in adult life. Horid people x

Love it dawn, glad its going so well, like you i feel good to, so excited for the future. Your friend should realise how it was when she was big, maybe she will change xx

I could never be like that either, although ,my friend did say to me about 6 months before my op, "I bet you'll change after your operation because you're so bubbly and friendly now, losing weight will make you up your own bottom". I said there's no way I will change and I hope she has seen that I was right, not that I'm a size 8 or anything yet like LOL x

I met a lady at lighter life we went thro the 1st five weeks together and became very close, I like her as she was so family orientated, love her husband, I had to leave lighter life so I didn't see her for about 2 months but when I did she liked amazing, but boy had she changed, she was in the gym looking at herself in the mirror, loads of make up on we all know the type we can't stand, she never spoke to me as I am sure she didn't want to be around an over weight person which cramped her style, I went straight over and didn't like her attitude, she had split up with her husband was now seeing somebody 10 yrs her junior, I wasn't jealous at all I fact I actually appreciated the person I was and the family I had around me, I never saw her again lol x

thank christ it aint just me,i will give her a wide birth,i think,i liked who i was before my surgery,i just didnt want to die early ,,,never had this to be a super model,,,its sad though ,because it just shows how shallow some people are ,,,x im glad theres loads of honest decent people on here to share things with x

Just stay as you are x i hope i don't change either but i was the same person when i was slim and before children :) i'm pretty sure my family will put me in my place if i get too (big) for my boots xx

Hi star
It does happen, my sister in law was a size 30+ and now a size 6( with excess skin) and she has gone from the bubbliest person to the most horrible *****y person I know and it breaks my heart. She was the one that everyone used to rush to sit next to when we went out for meals, parties etc cause you'd be laughing non stop, now we argue before we go out as to who has to sit by her!! The comments she makes about other large people she see's when she doesn't even know them is awful, considering she has been large all her life and when you say that's not very nice to say, she gets ratty with you and criticises them even more. Can't say much to her cause it would cause an argument.
Don't think the marriage to my brother will last long either as I've been told through the grapevine that's she's hanging out with younger people and started going to nightclubs etc without my brother, so sad caused he'd give her the world if he could. He paid for her surgery ( she has never really worked) and he is saving for her to have basically a full body lift.
I think I'll stay the same cause my sisters and friends would kick my a... If I started to change lol x

that is exactly how the girl i know is,,,,,whats with the over confidence ?,,im fairly confident ,always have been but over confidence isnt nice in anyone,,,,i see it in a guy i know too,,,,but his more embarressing , talks to young girls in the bars and nightclubs ,think he forgets his 50 and not 20 ! ,its a shame though but i guess it would be boring if we were all the same eh?, x

As a teenager I had very little confidence , I was the liner in the corner with very few friends . As I went into my 20's I grew more confident , tho still fairly quiet . At 28 I married & over the next 14 yrs increased in size & decreased in self esteem ...... thanks ex hubby !!!! ....... just before I kicked him out I lost 6 st on Cambridge & "the old me " came back , I began enjoying life again & even started going out a bit . Unfortunately due to circumstances I have put the weight back on & more & back to the girl with little confidence or self esteem . I hope when I get to losing again I become more confident but in a nice way .

cheryl,im sure you will get your self esteem back,and so you should! and still be lovely ,big or small,,,,x

Aw thanks Starr , I'm sure I will get there .its sad when your weight makes you feel less than you should .

Just a thought and I hope I write this down correctly so it makes sense lol.

You all know the saying you don't always look like the person u see In mirror, well maybe it's true of these people who have changed after weight loss.

Maybe they never truly knew how they looked until after weight loss and it hits them so they have to be mean and poke fun just to make themselves feel better. They may also use been mean as a tool to stay slim x

Hope that makes sense x

yeah ,maybe, or is it likely they were fake "nice" when they were bigger,and just selfish,self important, who show their true colours when they lose a few pound,,,ive just realised all the people i know who seem to have changed for the worse ,were private patients with a lower starting weight,the bigger the wls patient the nicer they seem after surgery,just in my experience,please dont think im judging everyone ,,as i know lots of lovely private and nhs patients x ,could it be that their physical "look" change is more important than their health improving?,,just a thought x

I pray to God I dont change in that way! I hope the personality I have is real and not fake ass funny just to be jolly.

Can't believe and ex fatty could be nasty about others who are big! Get off ya skinny butts and do something to inspire people! Use all your so called knowledge and start a support group lol

Some people lol

Back