• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

someone pinch me!

I know somebody who is an ex fatty and now a fatty hater. Sad to say it's my mum her personality hasn't changed but since surgery 2 years ago she does make mean comments about people in the street etc! I pull her up on it all the time but I honestly don't thing she realises she is doing it!
Strange how things change when some people are sitting on the other-side of surgery?!?
I've become more confident and I walk with my head higher because I know I look better and I feel app

and so you should! ,nothing wrong with being proud and confident about yourself,ive always been very proud of my past and where ive come from and to,being over weight was and is part of that,and makes me who i am,and bloody right we should all be proud of what we are and i know my daughter would be just like you with your mum,and tell me if i forgot the heartache and pain being over weight causes ,and if i didnt show compassion to others in the same situation x

yeah ,maybe, or is it likely they were fake "nice" when they were bigger,and just selfish,self important, who show their true colours when they lose a few pound,,,ive just realised all the people i know who seem to have changed for the worse ,were private patients with a lower starting weight,the bigger the wls patient the nicer they seem after surgery,just in my experience,please dont think im judging everyone ,,as i know lots of lovely private and nhs patients x ,could it be that their physical "look" change is more important than their health improving?,,just a thought x

I know my personality will not change. I am doing it for my health not my looks that's just an added bonus. Everyone has concerns about surgery and mine is am scared of how I will look after surgery. Not if I will look pretty or if I have excess skin it's not that it's more about will i recognise myself and I'm scared I won't.

I know what it's like as we all do I could never ever be mean to anyone for any reason don't get me wrong I stick up for myself but I'm never mean. I just make them feel so guilty lol. X

just wanted to wish all the pre oppers good luck on their journeys,and wanted to say how good i feel since my wls,despite a few probs at the beginning ,i can honestly say ive never felt happier or healthier,i bought 2 pairs of boots today ,that actually do up!,i had to buy a big chunky cardy cos i feel the cold and my smaller knickers seem to be falling down ,so must need smaller,,,,,again! and i love every minute!!,except for one thing,,a girl who had her op at same time as me ,as completely changed, she was funny , kind and caring but since the op shes become so self obsessed,and talks down about people who av weight problems,and seems to think her weight loss makes her better than others who are struggling ,and an expert on wls, just wondered if anyone else has noticed this in people ,,,i hope its just the excitement of the weight loss and that shel come back to being her old self ,,ive warned my family to tell me if i start getting up my own ever decreasing bottom,lol xxxxxxxxxx,love to all xxx

i bought 2 pairs of boots today ,that actually do up!,i had to buy a big chunky cardy cos i feel the cold and my smaller knickers seem to be falling down
:giggle::giggle:

except for one thing,,a girl who had her op at same time as me ,as completely changed, she was funny , kind and caring but since the op shes become so self obsessed,and talks down about people who av weight problems,and seems to think her weight loss makes her better than others who are struggling ,and an expert on wls
Oh Dear... :(

i was the same amy,ive always been big,,didnt want to lose the old me,despite the weight i had a great life with lots of interests and people who loved me,id spent years being big and healthy and very happy,,even had a stint at bbw modelling and selling bbw fetish wear,,,,then i started getting unhealthy,,and needed this op to give me my life back,so i could live as long as possible to be with the people i love ,,,,i dont think ive changed how i am,just in smaller sized clothes,but health wise,its amazing ,,,in 7 short weeks im not diabetic anymore ,no more metformin,,,and blood pressures normal,,,,,,,back pain is almost gone ,,,,,so for me ,its everything i dreamed it would be,and more,,,so pleased your getting a chance like i have ,dont be scared about losing the old you,,,youl still be you just healthier and happier xxxxxxxxxx

i was the same amy,ive always been big,,didnt want to lose the old me,despite the weight i had a great life with lots of interests and people who loved me,id spent years being big and healthy and very happy,,even had a stint at bbw modelling and selling bbw fetish wear,,,,then i started getting unhealthy,,and needed this op to give me my life back,so i could live as long as possible to be with the people i love ,,,,i dont think ive changed how i am,just in smaller sized clothes,but health wise,its amazing ,,,in 7 short weeks im not diabetic anymore ,no more metformin,,,and blood pressures normal,,,,,,,back pain is almost gone ,,,,,so for me ,its everything i dreamed it would be,and more,,,so pleased your getting a chance like i have ,dont be scared about losing the old you,,,youl still be you just healthier and happier xxxxxxxxxx

I'm so glad its not just me, it's strange as nothing else about what I'm doing on the 9th December scares me not even the mortality aspect of the op.

I don't even need to look in the mirror to know what I look like but when I loss my weight am just so worried I won't know the person looking back haha silly but it's way I feel.

I'm sure am just worrying for nothing though . Can't wait to have my op I won't say to start my new life as an very happy, we all have things we'd change though but lets say an looking forward to the next chapter of my life.

Starr you look amazing by the way you have done so well and ur an inspiration like so many others who I've meet through this forum xxxxx

Wouldn't it be great if anyone could come together in the same place and have one big support meeting lol x

just wanted to wish all the pre oppers good luck on their journeys,and wanted to say how good i feel since my wls,despite a few probs at the beginning ,i can honestly say ive never felt happier or healthier,,i bought 2 pairs of boots today ,that actually do up!,i had to buy a big chunky cardy cos i feel the cold and my smaller knickers seem to be falling down ,so must need smaller,,,,,again! and i love every minute!!,except for one thing,,a girl who had her op at same time as me ,as completely changed, she was funny , kind and caring but since the op shes become so self obsessed,and talks down about people who av weight problems,and seems to think her weight loss makes her better than others who are struggling ,and an expert on wls, just wondered if anyone else has noticed this in people ,,,i hope its just the excitement of the weight loss and that shel come back to being her old self ,,ive warned my family to tell me if i start getting up my own ever decreasing bottom,lol xxxxxxxxxx,love to all xxx

I'm so glad its not just me, it's strange as nothing else about what I'm doing on the 9th December scares me not even the mortality aspect of the op.

I don't even need to look in the mirror to know what I look like but when I loss my weight am just so worried I won't know the person looking back haha silly but it's way I feel.

I'm sure am just worrying for nothing though . Can't wait to have my op I won't say to start my new life as an very happy, we all have things we'd change though but lets say an looking forward to the next chapter of my life.

Starr you look amazing by the way you have done so well and ur an inspiration like so many others who I've meet through this forum xxxxx

Wouldn't it be great if anyone could come together in the same place and have one big support meeting lol x

I'll Second that :D

amy_m said:
I know my personality will not change. I am doing it for my health not my looks that's just an added bonus. Everyone has concerns about surgery and mine is am scared of how I will look after surgery. Not if I will look pretty or if I have excess skin it's not that it's more about will i recognise myself and I'm scared I won't.

I know what it's like as we all do I could never ever be mean to anyone for any reason don't get me wrong I stick up for myself but I'm never mean. I just make them feel so guilty lol. X

That's my worry too lol

I am scared I will look in the mirror and think 'who is she?' lol. Never got to goal as an adult, so will be very strange!

Maybe some ex biggies are like some ex smokers. They become imperial. Maybe they need to give themselves a quick reminder of where they have come from. It's a bit sad x

It is sad they are still the same person just in a different shell. X

my late dad always said "people only make you feel inferior or worthless if you give them permission too,",,and we cant change others ,we can only change ourselves,,,he was so right x,,i love you lot,! should be able to bottle all this support and encouragement,wed all be rich xxxxx

starr said:
my late dad always said "people only make you feel inferior or worthless if you give them permission too,",,and we cant change others ,we can only change ourselves,,,he was so right x,,i love you lot,! should be able to bottle all this support and encouragement,wed all be rich xxxxx

Aaaww your dad was a wise man with a beautiful, kind daughter as living proof :)

This forum is most certainly awesome :D

Aaaww your dad was a wise man with a beautiful, kind daughter as living proof :)

This forum is most certainly awesome :D

I'll secon that fuffs x

Back