• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soooo Happy!!!!

nikki f

Haven't been on for a while, been battling my inner demons as after surgery particularly through the mushy purée stage I thought I'd made a big mistake. I thought that I'd lost part of who I am as I couldn't eat anything, everything made me feel sick and my best friend kept calling me a ***** cause I was getting smaller every time she saw me. I'm sure she didn't mean it how I took it but like I said I was battling demons.

Now 4 months on I've lost 7 stone bought a size 12 top yesterday and a playsuit from River Island.
Stone the bloody crows I cannot believe it. My surgeon is amazed as I'm only 6kgs off my target weight and I've never been happier. I'm buying beautiful clothes that represent the 30 I am not 45 odd, I'm loving the heat and not sweating to death, I'm off my blood pressure pills and I'm living life!!!! I'm even finally eating somewhat normal food. I feel like I've been born again and am soo lucky that I got this chance before all these nasty budget cuts came in.

One thing that is a bit annoying is that although I was big before I was solid and didn't shake when I walked now I'm small and wobbly I think I'm gonna have to up my game at the gym!!!
Anyone who is in two minds take the plunge it's the best thing I ever did!!!! Sometimes it's hard bit whether the demons ride the storm and embrace the new you!!!!

4 months ? my god that's fantastic weldone u have done so well, I am 13 days post op and on puree, it is difficult and I was emotional for a good week after my bypass but I am so much stronger in the mind this week so hopefully this are looking up. Its just a strange old stage the puree stage and fairly grim TBH but you've flew past it and ur doing really well x

Flaming heck, 7 stone loss since 21 March !!!

I had my op on 22 Feb, have lost 5 stone and at my follow up appointment this Thursday thought I'd be told off for losing too quickly!

Well done x

Fantastic progress well done.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

That's a huge loss in such a short time and in a size 12 already! WOW ... Well done hun :).. Wondering if I will experience a size 12...smallest I ever got to was a 14 when i was 17yrs and that was very briefly because i then fell pregnant . Sigh

I never thought I'd get a size 12 on up to 2 weeks ago I was still buying 18's as I was absolutely sure I was still an 18 despite my trousers continuously falling.
It is true there are some dark days but I reckon by the time we've made the revision to have surgery and go through the whole process that we are strong enough to battle through the dark days.
Having this site as a support network is amazing as your not gonna hear it better than through people that have been through it themselves.

That's amazing. My weight loss is quite slow. I am a bit jealous, lol. Seriously though, well done, can't wait till I can wear size 12. I can imagine how encouraged you must be. X

Back