• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sooooo confused

jessoliver2012

hi all. i just spoke to my dietician. asked him what was going on. he has said that im waiting for an appointment with consultant as i already knew, and that i was swoped over from wlm (weight loss management) to the mdt. and that the consultant will talk to me about pcos and meds. i know i have mentioned this in previous thread, but now im confused as maybe they wont let me have surgery? or am i just paniking about nothing. i am so frustrated because i dont want meds for pcos, the only thing i can go on is metformin and that makes people ill, and im not trying for baby now so i do not want to take it. please someone help, very unsettled now and feel like maybe i wont even be thin one day :cry::cry::cry:

Jess just tell them, they can't make them take meds you don't want to take. Or that make you I'll. Just think of it as another hoop to jump through.

hope so wendy. just hope this isnt the end of the road 4 me. feels like it. been so excited, now i just feel **** as i might have got my hopes up 4 nothing. asked him about the support group he said i cant go to the one he does as it 4 people that have done the 12week something or other. dont know what hes on about. and he doesnt know about the bradford one as its out the area. so am i even able to go to it? hes really annoyed me, feels like a kick in the gut and now im even more confused than i was xx

Ok lovey take a deep breath. Stop and think. I'm on my phone so hope I remember all you put.

1. It seems that they believe your weight is only due to your pcos, bad assumption that that may be, you need to prove to them that is not the case.
If it is you loose weight, by following their recommended treatment.
If not then by taking the treatment and proving it then you have just cleared a hoop.
2. Your dietician is not the best communicator, maybe you need to ask him of that precludes you (for the time being) from WLS. There's no point worrying if it doesn't.
3. The WLS groups of Leeds and Bradford are for people pre and post op and those on the journey. I have not got funding yet, but my dietician recommended the groups.
4. Generally darlin you need to calm yourself, this is not a sprint it's a marathon, or more a steeplechase as there are many barriers to get over, through. So calm, if they ask you to do something try to do it to the best of your ability. Of it doesn't work for you tell them and tell them why.
Ok
Bog hugs
See you tomorrow
And they ain't going to refuse you entry to the support group, not unless they want to refuse me too.

i was 112kg 2 years ago when i apparently didnt have pcos. im around that now and i do have it apparently. so that kin od goes in my favour as they will be contradicting themselves. thanks so so much wendy made me feel a bit better. :) just had a bit of a downer 4 a while then as sick of being confused. it might take me slightly longer than everyone else but im determined to have wls as been overweight since i was around 12/13.
lol dont know what im going to tell them at the group. but maybe its a good idea i do go as i can ask there advice.
sorry to be a pain just so flipping depressing xx

I went through much the same as you, I have wanted surgery for over 5 years but I have had to do amny things including a 9 month stint at addenbrookes weight management going through all the usual diet plans including the 6 week milk diet.When it came down to it & they re-fed me I put on a hellava lot of the weight so they concluded it would be best for me to have surgery. It is going to be worth the weight & if you keep pushing you will get it in the end. Feel for you though it just seems like it go on & on xx

oh honey, this journey is such a roller coaster :sigh: just keep going sweetie :wave_cry: xxx

thanks jilly. the bonus is im not longer with weight management :) but who knows what they are going to do now. they just going to waste my time make me put more weight on and then when my health is worse probs say then they will do it. but not sure if im getting ahead of myself, because i have been refered to the mdt (still dont know what that stands for lol) but am told it wls side. suppose if i wasnt going to be able to have the surgery i wouldnt even have been refered so just go to wait. i was just so angry and upset earlia as hes confused me more now. arsehole!! lol excuse the language.

thanks caren really appreciate ur kind words, just so frustrating, because im basically guessing and thinking the worst. hope your still feeling ok :) xxx

Darlin it's gonna work for you even if I have to drag you through the process kicking and screaming. Negativity never got anyone anywhere before they gave up!
Think about it!
My partner recently was told he had hep c, I had to be tested, I thought that would be the end of the line. It isn't! I'm all clear, just a hoop! Bring on the next one.
And there are so many people on here routing for you failure is not an option!
And that goes for anyone else reading this!
We have all come such long way just to get to the point of being part of this site, come on guys and gals this is not easy, even for those peeps further on their journey, but I'm sure most of them would say very much worth it!

awww that made me shed a tear. thanks wendy i know its going to be hard. just hate rejection and after speaking to the silly sod thats what it felt like. feel bit better now. because anything is possible.
i know its going to be a long journey and very complicated, but i need to keep my head in the game and hey they dont want me having a poody, i dont like not getting what i want or shall i say in this case NEED.
all this support means so much to me so thank u so much ladies.
cant wait to meet u wendy and the other lovely ladies. :)
and sorry if im annoying anyone with my "feeling sorry 4 myself" posts lol xx

Think you will find that mdt stands forMulti-disciplinary team but that only means in there certain speciality

Guess you might have to wait and find out, could be one of many in a team? you just have to find out what team. bloody pills they dont do no one no good. just keep at them you will win in the end. xx

thanks jilly just read something on weightloss site that it is normal to have to see them. so hopefully im still in the game lol xx

they already have had a meeting about me. cuz i was with dietician and he was only seeing me as no1 else could cuz he works on wls side not wlm and he said they were all having a meeting and he would see, then told me that i was accepted and to wait a few weeks 4 appointment. but then told me today what he did so got confused, but now im thinking about it hes already spoken bout me in meeting and i was accepted so thats got to be good, i think lol x

If u do metforin. I would ask for the name brand. Its a slow release. I took 3
@ night. I had no issues. The doctors office did not put Pcos for a reason. They focused on my weight and medication. The insurance company wanted five years weight history. The doctors office listed all the medications I was taking too. I take high blood pressure medication and metformin. They also wanted my bmi too.
Its all in how the doctors office words everything too. The insurance company don't know I have pcos. They think im just fat with all these health issues lol. My insurance company also wanted 2 know how steps I took 2 lose weight too. I was approved fast.
Im counting down june 26.

Sincerely
Z-1920

Hi Z,
Jess is British nhs, thus not dealing with insurance, just the good old British national health service who generally prescribe the cheapest drug they have that does the job. My experience being to tell them cheap don't work. On me.

Back