• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soreness after eating wrong thing

jaxx

I was a complete idiot (I'm so angry with myself) last night and tried to eat a weight watchers chicken tikka masala with rice and ended up paying the price pain wise after just a few well chewed mouthfuls. I kept it down but my stomach has been sore today and I've vomited when I tried to eat some baked beans which I could previously manage. Fluids are going down ok.

Before I had my endoscopy and stretch last wednesday I was asked if I could have eaten the wrong thing and caused swelling and inflammation in my pouch. In that instance it was no, so I am wondering if I have some swelling and inflammation now after trying to eat the wrong thing last night which caused the vomiting today. I'm going to go back on to liquids yet again to see if it settles down, if not it might mean another stretch.

Has anyone else eaten the wrong thing and had a similar reaction?

you poor thing, i must admit it's the vomiting thing that gets me every time i read these threads....not looking forward to that part of wls. Hope you're feeling better soon chic x

Weirdly enough vomiting after surgery isn't as horrible as it was before surgery. Sorry to be graphic but there's no stomach acid or bile in it so you don't get that horrible taste in your mouth afterwards. Plus once it's up, that's it, I feel better. I've also had some restriction problems which needed treatment which caused the vomiting. As long as you don't try and rush it (like I did) and advance before you're ready, you shouldn't vomit at all.

ok, i feel better about it now. There is so much to take in, i'm worried to death i'll forget everything they tell me lol. oh well i've got a long way to go before i have to worry about vomiting and such things. hope tomorrow is a better day pouch wise x

Rice is notoriously bad for bypassers hun, even I have probs with it 8 months post op as it swells in the pouch:(

sorry to hear you are suffering. A day or two back on liquids will allow any swelling to go down. You will be able to try the weight watchers chicken tikka again in a month or two. I had one for my tea last night.

sorry to hear you are suffering. A day or two back on liquids will allow any swelling to go down. You will be able to try the weight watchers chicken tikka again in a month or two. I had one for my tea last night.

That's good to know. Thanks. xx

Every surgeon seems to have different views on the post surgery diet. I have a list of food stages given to me by my bariatric dietician and rice and tender meat is on the final stage - about 3 months post surgery.
I've been struggling with spicy food though, getting dreadful heartburn all the time.

I've not had a problem with heartburn even when I forget to take my lansoperazole (sp??).

I managed some spicy lentil soup this evening and that stayed down nicely although I did have a little bit of discomfort when I accidentally gulped a cup of tea an hour later.

I do that all the time with drinks - momentarily forget i've had a bypass and gulp it down. Its frustrating when you've got a raging thirst and all you want to do is guzzle a big glass of fizzy pop ! I tried sipping a bit of lemonade the other day but the pain from the gas soon encouraged me to flatten it out with ice.

I do that all the time with drinks - momentarily forget i've had a bypass and gulp it down. Its frustrating when you've got a raging thirst and all you want to do is guzzle a big glass of fizzy pop ! I tried sipping a bit of lemonade the other day but the pain from the gas soon encouraged me to flatten it out with ice.

I miss fizzy drinks the most. I used to guzzle coke zero like it was going out of fashion! I've had to go onto latte's now instead and it's not the same. I'm dreading summer when I used to drink the most fizzy drinks.

Back