• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass food

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hi

Yes I am still researching this blooming bypass and just went on the food link and was looking at some of the recipies and thinking that someone had made a mistake, chicken curry, pizza, choccy cake !!!!!!!

I wish that "outsiders" would stop saying you will neve be able to eat properly again.
It is quite obvious you can if you adapt the make - up

the dietician last week said that bread was a no no for most but then said tortilla's are not nor is toast !!! so you think well its not really true when you are told no bread because you can just as easy make a nice butty using toast salad and chicken mmmm club sandwich.

a lady who didnt seem to know much about the bypass (but is having one) asked could she still have her glass of wine with her sunday roast i at the time almost laughed at the thought of her sat a week after her op with a glass and a roast dinner.

I am sure that it must be to scare people but i invisaged a life of living with a bowl of heinz baby food for my tea or never eating a piece of french stick or chicken again.

starting to get my head round this now x

I'm just back on "normal" food following my by-pass and the main difference for me is simply size of portions and also making sure I stick to low fat and low sugar food which is the "healthy-way" anyway....Your right about getting the head around things as for me this has been the biggest thing as for years my head has allowed me to eat what I like etc and with large portions BUT now all that has changed....Good luck and keep the faith...
Mark

I can't have bread :eek: gosh darn it wish someone had mentioned that earlier ;) There goes my lunchtime butty!

everyone's different. there is nothing that I cannot physically eat.

You just adapt. I can eat Melba toast no problem and yesterday because all the others were tucking into sticky buns and Strawberry Shortcake I made myself a small cake with sweetners etc and just ate a tiny bit so I didn't feel left out.

I'm not about to make myself miserable by limiting myself with the flavours, just eating a lot less thats all.

I have no problem with bread or anything actually - I'm very lucky, but have noticed the last couple of days that I'm losing my appetite. I can just manage 1 slice of bread with a filling and then I'm full up so thats good. You will be fine and you'll find you adapt quite quickly after the op.

Take care!!!! xxxx

Glad you are feeling more comfortable with the thought of bypass fbnf I was the same too thought I would never eat properly again but now I know different and am so happy with my decision.
Hope you continue to gain confidence

Jay xx

I'm just experimenting with food at the moment. When I first had the operation I thought I'd also be drinking half a cup of tea with a straw forever - and struggling at that. Now I can eat most things from a menu. I'm not trying bread yet and certainly watching the added sugar content.
Post op is definately a change in lifestyle, but not the end of eating socially.
My hospital have advised against alcohol for 12 months. Others have different advice. It suites me though. There are so many hidden calories in alcohol. x x x

I can eat anything and everything now even vegtables lol It does get better and easier

Back