• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Spoke to hospital and op been put back so I'm gutted!!!

Whey hey bank holiday weekend and I'm not too stressed honest!!!

Well just to say I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, I'm so ready to finish for today, although am taking some work home with me :cry:

I'm feeling very positive at the moment and just looking forward to receiving my next date! Then the ticker will be counting down again lol.

Have a great on my Minimins friends xxx

Hi Nic,

I'm so pleased that everything went well at your appointment and that you are happy with the consultant etc. It must be a comfort to you that your Mum knows him too.

It's great news that he is happy to give you the bypass that you want, and 2 - 3 months - wow - not long at all. I'm thrilled for you, really I am :D

Saw my friend last night who had the op done, and she's now back on eating what she ate before, just less of it, so if I end up like her, I shall be happy :).

Counting down the days with you now. It will soon come round.

Hugs

Gerry
:)

Hi Nic,

I'm so pleased that everything went well at your appointment and that you are happy with the consultant etc. It must be a comfort to you that your Mum knows him too.

It's great news that he is happy to give you the bypass that you want, and 2 - 3 months - wow - not long at all. I'm thrilled for you, really I am :D

Saw my friend last night who had the op done, and she's now back on eating what she ate before, just less of it, so if I end up like her, I shall be happy :).

Counting down the days with you now. It will soon come round.

Hugs

Gerry
:)

Thanks so much Gerry, you are such a lovely person and I get annoyed reading your thread you don't deserve all this hassle.

You amaze me how supportive you still are for others on here and so happy for us it really is appreciated.

I'm really hoping you get this sorted out soon, keeping everything crossed for you (no rude comment you minimins please :p)

xxx

Well its been 3 weeks since I've had my initial appointment at The Regency and not heard anything yet, I'm getting impatient now :cry:

Not sure whether to ring up and ask how long they think it will be before my next appointment but I don't want to annoy them either (she's a bit scary)!

What do you think?

nic xx

Nothing ventured, nothing gained - give them a call - at worst they can have no news for you at best you may get more info!

Thanks for the friend request for FB btw, I have added you. Keep me updated :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained - give them a call - at worst they can have no news for you at best you may get more info!

Thanks for the friend request for FB btw, I have added you. Keep me updated :)

Thanks Ali!

I have emailed the nurse as another friend has kindly given me her email address so I'm hoping she will reply instead :)

Nic xx

fingers crossed for a speedy reply then x

Hi all, hope your all ok and Gerry it was lovely to hear from you again.

I'm not feeling too great today, I heard from the hospital and now they reckon my operation will be either August or September so I'm quite disappointed :cry:

Oh well nothing I can do about it is there and I have been fat since I was four so I suppose a few more months won't kill me will it! xx

I'm not feeling too great today, I heard from the hospital and now they reckon my operation will be either August or September so I'm quite disappointed :cry:

Oh well nothing I can do about it is there and I have been fat since I was four so I suppose a few more months won't kill me will it! xx

Bad luck Nic - I can imagine how disappointed you must feel - just remember everything comes to he who waits. You will get your op lovely, just try and stay positive in the meantime and think how much better life will be on the other side.....

Hi Ali
Thanks and yes I am :cry:but not to worry I'm sure it will soon pass!!!

sorry to hear u have been put back nic BUT the main thing is that its still happening and its not too far away. horrible disappointment tho. keep ur chin up.

Hi nic,
it's a real let down having the surgery postponed, but at least it is only by a couple of months. I would use this time to gather plenty of info about the op and the after care. I think you need to mentally prepare for the changes, as my experience was that post op care was pretty non existent. If you can, please read my thread- it highlights some aspects of the bypass that I wish I'd known beforehand. (don't worry, it's nothing scary, but any info you can get from personal experience will be valuble).
If you are still looking at aug/ sept, it may only be 12 - 16 weeks!
Lou.

sorry to hear u have been put back nic BUT the main thing is that its still happening and its not too far away. horrible disappointment tho. keep ur chin up.

Hi Karen

yes your right I hope it will happen by then and not keep getting put back! Nice to hear from you, thanks xx

Hi nic,
it's a real let down having the surgery postponed, but at least it is only by a couple of months. I would use this time to gather plenty of info about the op and the after care. I think you need to mentally prepare for the changes, as my experience was that post op care was pretty non existent. If you can, please read my thread- it highlights some aspects of the bypass that I wish I'd known beforehand. (don't worry, it's nothing scary, but any info you can get from personal experience will be valuble).
If you are still looking at aug/ sept, it may only be 12 - 16 weeks!
Lou.

Hi Lou

Thanks hun, I have read loads of threads on this and the WLS site too and will carry on doing up to the op and after, have met some lovely people on here who are a great support but I will re-read your thread.

I hope your doing ok and thanks for your message, I do really appreciate them all xxx

hi nic mandy is doing ok except 4 eating mars ice cream lol and 3 cocktail sausages so shes had some dumping il keep u posted ok take care xxx

hi nic mandy is doing ok except 4 eating mars ice cream lol and 3 cocktail sausages so shes had some dumping il keep u posted ok take care xxx

LOL oh dear, one of the lessons learnt then bless her, hope she is ok and you too my friend, take care xxx

Back