• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Squiffy Head

nessawessa1

Hi, this is my first post so please bear with me. Does anyone know why you sometimes get a squiffy head, I have had my blood pressure checked and its 120/80 which is perfect, I am drinking 2 litres plus a day, I am confused why I am feeling like this??? Any help or advise greatly appreciated

Hi Ness
Welcome, I'm not sure what to say as you've not mentioned pre/post op??? You may need your BP checked.
X

Hi, sorry I am eight weeks post op gastric by pass, and blood pressure was checked last night which was perfect ???

Not sure exactly what you mean by squiffyhead lol, but I get dizzy spells sometimes and a flushed feeling. Seems to be when I need to eat, still get them at 6 months post op.

My BP fine too, so think it's just a reminder to eat!:)

Probably easy to forget to eat post bypass when you're really not hungry...as you said remember your snacks & see if this helps :)

I can't wait for the time to snack & that's all it is....a snack, rather than an excuse to do a complete food safari of the kitchen :)

hi

I had been suffering with the same.. squiffy head it the perfect was to explain how I was feeling.
I had my blood pressure done which was a little low (but ok and still in a good range) They said to me as its always been high my weight loss has made it come down. My body would just re-adjust. They said not to worry at all. They suggested I was just bit more careful not get up to quick and drink and eat regular and Im feeling lots better took a while tho.

Hope you feel better soon. Its the only problem Ive had other than Im freezing all the time x

Hi Bichonbabies,
Thanks for the reply, glad Im not the only one who has gone through this. I have put a call into my dietician so waiting for them to phone me back x

Getting squiffy headed as you put it is usually a sign for me to go eat. I don't get hungry but my body certainly does. I daren't ignore it because I very quickly feel Confucius, sicky and giddy if I do.

and there was me just thinking it was my age lol ...hope youre ok but I agree try to eat more often even if just small pot of yoghurt etc I had cornflakes last night just because I was as you say squiffy but didn't really want to eat anything heavy :) take care x

Hi, well hospital phoned me back, they think it could be my blood sugars doing a flip, so no more bananas or actimel for breakie, had my first slice of ww toast today, was nervous as first slice of toast but all good so far, got nurse appointment tonight to check sugar levels, strange has I was never diabetic before op ??

Well after a couple of weeks, slowly getting back to normal, believe it or not just by eating slow release foods, so porridge for breakfast now, I do look like a stroppy child eating it though lol, but squiffy heads a becoming a thing of the past, little and often is what I am finding helps x

Back