• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SRH

luv2bskinny

just wondering if anybody going through srh has had any of their appoitments wif dr.mahawar??? i was supposed 2 ave my last appointment wif dr.small 27th july but he has passed sum of his cases across to dr.mahawar, i ave spoke 2 t receptionist nd she says its nothing 2 worry about but i ave never herd of dr.mahawar b4 ha i am proberlys worrying for nothing ha

thanxs xx

mightyminx49

Proud grandmother of 7
Hi Luv2bskinny,
Welcome to the group. I am a newbie Pre-opper too.

I used to work at the SRH and most of the dr's and consultants that are really nice people, just like you and I some more down to earth than others. Mr Small handing over some of his patients is nothing to worry about. I think it is possibley to reduce his work load as I am sure he must have rather a large patient list. I however have Mr Norbett Shroeder and he is lovely. I have met him twice now but I know he has been with SRH a while now as he was there when I worked there 18 month ago. Mr Mahawa must be new but try typing his name into google for Sunderlan SRH and you might find some more information. Alternatively ask Denise Morris who is a nurse SRH and is also WLS post op. She may know more about him and will be able to reassure you. She has been a great helpt to many, not least me since I joined on Sunday gone.

MrsSAFC

Mr Mawahar is lovely! he was trained by me Small as his registrar and was promoted to consultant making the 4th surgeon. he really is a lovely man he done my bypass xxxx

dolly48dd

Hi when i had my opp in april he had to come and help (ended up with 3 surgeons) he is lovely. really nice bedside manner.

suzz69uk

I was under Mr small, but never met him, then saw Br Balapuri, Mr Schroeder and then was told surgery to be by MR Balapuiri, however day before my op Mr Mawahar came to my bedside and said he would be operating on me. He was so lovely, caring and understanding.

Edit, he was also lovely the day after he operated on me when he came to see how i was. He also visited the second day and said he was happy for me to be released, absolute gem of a doctor. x

luv2bskinny

i went to see him yesterday nd he was lovely!!!! he answered all my questions nd he is even giving me the sleeve instead of the band which i am very happy about, because of my weight loss he is puttin me on the short notice list so i am even happier lol xx

mightyminx49

Proud grandmother of 7
Hi,

I was under Mr Small but had seen Mr Shroeder before my gastroscopy and then when I was sent the letter for my surgery date. I was to be under the care of Mr Mahawar.

On my admission he came to see me on the ward and discussed the op and showed me what he was going to do the next day. He is a lovely man very pleasants and soft spoken. He told me that he would make sure my daughter got a phone call when I was back on the ward to let her know everything was ok. The next day he came to see me and told me all went well and he was happy with the proceedure.

I was very happy with that statement. What a lovely lovely man Mr Mahawar is. As is Mr Shroeder and ALL the staff on B26. I hope that many others waiting for their suregry find the same peace I did from such good care. :) x

louise1983

just wondering if anybody going through srh has had any of their appoitments wif dr.mahawar??? i was supposed 2 ave my last appointment wif dr.small 27th july but he has passed sum of his cases across to dr.mahawar, i ave spoke 2 t receptionist nd she says its nothing 2 worry about but i ave never herd of dr.mahawar b4 ha i am proberlys worrying for nothing ha

thanxs xx
i had my consultation with mr mahawar and he was lovely.

mightyminx49

Proud grandmother of 7
He is "doing" me and was a real gent and very helpful too

I was going to make a comment about this statement but thought better of it........ :D :eek:

Denise Morris

thanxs xx
He was Mr Smalls registrar few years back, you might know him better by first name (Kamal) and you may well have seen him in clinic previously.