• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sruggling this week

12dobidog

Hi guys
I am in week 5 post op and am on soft food diet but I am finding it really hard to keep food down. I am bringing up at least half of what I eat.
I am drinking ok, about 1.5-2ltrs per day.
I am walking morning and evening but every now and then feel a little dizzy or light headed.
The worst thig of all is I have put on a lb and dont seem to be losing this week either.
Any suggestions?
I am thinking of going back on Slimfast for 2 meals a day and trying one meal a day :confused:

I'm pre-op so sorry no advice from me but just hope someone wise comes along with the answers!
Hang on in there xx

Hi Hun,

sorry you are struggling. The early days are so horrid trying to learn how much your body can tolerate at one time and what it likes and doesnt like.

What kind of things are you eating, and how much are you managing at each meal?

It might be worth having smaller meals, but more of them. Many people start of with 6 tiny meals, and then as they can manage more at once they reduce this until they are eventually having 3 "normal" meals (childs portion) and a couple of healthy snacks.

Hope you feel better soon x x

Hi guys
I am in week 5 post op and am on soft food diet but I am finding it really hard to keep food down. I am bringing up at least half of what I eat.
I am drinking ok, about 1.5-2ltrs per day.
I am walking morning and evening but every now and then feel a little dizzy or light headed.
The worst thig of all is I have put on a lb and dont seem to be losing this week either.
Any suggestions?
I am thinking of going back on Slimfast for 2 meals a day and trying one meal a day :confused:

Hi am sorry ur having a hard time, i am not sure if a sleeve works in a similar way to a bypass but could it be that maybe u might either be not chewing ur food well enough or poss eating just a little more than u should be, these are some reasons us bypassers could be sick after eating.
Are u keeping ur fluids down or are they coming up as well as if this is happening then u def need to speak to ur team urgently.
Def think its a good idea to go back a stage if ur struggling, i would have the slimfast for breaky and dinner and have a very light snack at lunch and maybe just email or call ur team and see what their advice is.

I am suffering from terrible sickness part of it is due to the fact i take mega strong opiate medication so i was on anti sickness tabs for the past year and took them till i was 3 weeks post op, the the sickness got really bad and i had to inject myself 2 times daily to combat the sickness and my team told me it was down to the hormone levels in my tummy due to my bypass and also my meds and this only got worse at week 4.

Hope this prob gets sorted out soon, pls dont worry bout the pound that will be gone by tomorrow, could u maybe up ur water as sometimes dizziness can be lack of fluids as maybe ur losing lots of ur fluids when ur being sick.

Take care and pls keep us updated xxx

take it slow and steady chew really well abd try smaller amount see how you go

xx

Just giving you a little stroke and hope things get better.:patback:

Its a funny old thing this weight loss surgery sometimes you take 1 step forward and 2 steps back but you will get there in the end. \sometimes taking a step back to liquids(slimfast) can give your pouch a rest. When you think your new tum is small and sensitive so percevering is the key. Try a more thickend food tomorrow after you have given pouch a rest.:D;):D

Blondemoment has a sleeve and is very "up" on it. I'm sure if she see's this she will help you. I'm a bander so can't really advise much but I did struggle like this too. I think the old saying "eyes bigger than your belly" came to me so now I imagine how small my pouch is to how much I can tolerate. Whichever surgery we have we have to adapt to it and it sure is hard work getting our heads round it. I wish you well and wish you good luck in getting it sorted. Big hugs sweetheart xxx

Hi Bryan
It definatly is trial and error at this stage until you learn what works best for you and your body! I have always found as Sam has said is to little and often ( i still do 7 months on). Hope you are feeling better soon and try not to worry it gets easier as time goes on xx

:)Hope things are getting betterx

Hi guys
Thanks for the kind words and info.
I went back a step and seem ok at the moment.
Yesterday I had smooth porridge for brekkies slimfast for lunch and a small amount of ww shepperds pie for dinner
Today is my WI day and I still managed to lose 2lb this week so I am over the moon

I have the same kind of problems Bryan. One day I can take food and the next I can't and can only just handle yoghurt without being sick (today is one of those days :()

My team told me not to lower my food intake even though the weight keeps stalling. I've been told I MUST have a minimum of 600kcals or I'll be fainting. On the bad days I've been told to stick to the yoghurts and other fluids I can get down. They told me this is all very common at our stage and will eventually settle down further down the line.

Hope this helps Bryan.

You've already had some great advice, the exact thing happened to me at around 5 weeks after my sleeve surgery. What I found is it takes your mind a while to adapt and catch up to the surgery, especially when you first start on the solid foods. I was setting myself the tiniest portions and even so the food came back up.
I literally had to set my meal out on the plate and discard half of it, in other words I could only eat half of what I thought I could, since doing that I have been fine with just about anything.
Hope this helps
love
Sandra x

Back