• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St Georges Hospital

Didn't have my surgery at St G's but I'm under their care now :) you have the best surgeon :)

The support group on the last Tuesday of the month is good to go to :)

I'm not the typical normal patient for the standard appointments unfortunately for me. I've seen my surgeon so many times we're on first name terms and I have a hotline to his appointments, personal email & mobile number :) :) same goes for my dietician as well now :)

I'm not going to the January support group as I will be in Sint Maarten in the Carribean (yay :)) but I may be there for February.

Good luck I had my bypass in August at St Anthony's through at georges!
They were fab!
This is me not even 6months out best thing I ever did!

image-2467827163.jpg

How long was your overall weight and did you have too see psych???

Firstly I didn't have to see pysc they went to MDT the first time and the pysc team said they wanted to see me, that's the but that held me up!
I then had to wait for my pysc appointment ( which unless your binger is basically to warn you about transfer addiction and that you will be left with lose skin ect)
So I saw my gp in the November of 2013.
First app January 2014 with dietician
Then around feb time saw the surgeon
Then saw the psych team in April.
It then it took until June to hear back. I then got my date in the july for August the 9th!

I started at 24st on 24th july im not 16st 9 so still 6 St 9lb to go!
What surgeon did you see?

Hi Sarah, I've been given go ahead, seen everyone except psychiatrist. My app is in march, After then I shall be given a date. Been the longest 4 months ever.

Wow one step ahead of me! What did the nutritionist want to know? Did you know you'd have to see psychiatrist all along or did they spring it on you?

Firstly I didn't have to see pysc they went to MDT the first time and the pysc team said they wanted to see me, that's the but that held me up! I then had to wait for my pysc appointment ( which unless your binger is basically to warn you about transfer addiction and that you will be left with lose skin ect) So I saw my gp in the November of 2013. First app January 2014 with dietician Then around feb time saw the surgeon Then saw the psych team in April. It then it took until June to hear back. I then got my date in the july for August the 9th! I started at 24st on 24th july im not 16st 9 so still 6 St 9lb to go! What surgeon did you see?

Yup, that's what happened to me. So glad you responded I've been wondering what psych app was about.

I'm not a binger, so hopefully there will be no more delays.

Congrats on your journey, they told me it was going to take 8/9 months in total. Looking at your journey they approx right.

I saw Dr Reddy he was happy for everything to go through. I was told they recruiting psych dr's that's what the delay is.

Wow one step ahead of me! What did the nutritionist want to know? Did you know you'd have to see psychiatrist all along or did they spring it on you?

Hi Sarah

I had to complete a questionnaire and she went through the form with me. They ask questions like 'have you always been over weight, what diets have you been on, anything significant happened in your life ..' Etc etc

No they told me I would get a surgery date in the post, then I got a letter saying I have to see a psych in 3 months. I was disappointed at the time, now I'm just trying to get on with it.

When you seeing dietician?

Firstly I didn't have to see pysc they went to MDT the first time and the pysc team said they wanted to see me, that's the but that held me up! I then had to wait for my pysc appointment ( which unless your binger is basically to warn you about transfer addiction and that you will be left with lose skin ect) So I saw my gp in the November of 2013. First app January 2014 with dietician Then around feb time saw the surgeon Then saw the psych team in April. It then it took until June to hear back. I then got my date in the july for August the 9th! I started at 24st on 24th july im not 16st 9 so still 6 St 9lb to go! What surgeon did you see?

What Dr did you see?

This Friday! The surgeon said he would be happy for me not to see psychologist but now wondering if I shouldn't make appointment myself to move it along a bit....

This Friday! The surgeon said he would be happy for me not to see psychologist but now wondering if I shouldn't make appointment myself to move it along a bit....

I didn't know you could make your own app. What surgeon did you see? I saw Dr Reddy. He told me was happy to go ahead and sent me a letter stating the same. I thought it was the dietician who said I needed to see psych, I've now been told it's procedure. So I'm not sure, I received a letter early December saying my app for psych is end of March. Shock horror, feels like forever

I didn't know you could make your own app. What surgeon did you see? I saw Dr Reddy. He told me was happy to go ahead and sent me a letter stating the same. I thought it was the dietician who said I needed to see psych, I've now been told it's procedure. So I'm not sure, I received a letter early December saying my app for psych is end of March. Shock horror, feels like forever

I have the Greek surgeon Dr Georgio Costa or some such.... Have it written down! I'll try to get to know the secretary who does the appointments and discuss with them but if you've been told the same as I have then had it made for you I'll try and get ahead of the game if I can! I'm hoping soon as have prolapsed discs so lots of pain due to weight.... Are you dieting whilst you wait?

Back