• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under St Georges Hospital, London

sorry to ask another question but after the 18 week wait for appointments roughly what is the time span for the 3 assesments i.e are the once every couple of months over a 6 month period ? after the three assessments is it then a further 18 weeks approx until your op ?

sorry to ask another question but after the 18 week wait for appointments roughly what is the time span for the 3 assesments i.e are the once every couple of months over a 6 month period ? after the three assessments is it then a further 18 weeks approx until your op ?

Hi, I had an appointment with Marcus Reddy then handed in a letter of committment and had to wait 13 weeks before I got my next set of appointments. I got a phone call right at the end of the 13 weeks booking my physc appointment, this was followed by my dietician appointment 3 weeks later ( I think I might have been lucky to get one that quick). I have now had a total of 6 appointments with the dietician as they are monitoring what I eat. I only had my appointment with the surgeon in September to disucss the operation further and for him to examine me.

Since then, I have received a letter in the post saying I have been put on the waiting list, which is anything from 18 to 22 weeks to surgery. Today I received confirmation that I am going to have a gastric sleeve.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.

I was going to ass the same thing. I had the group meeting at the hospital when we had to sign that we would commit etc and we were then told that we had to wait 4 months then we would be given the 3 appointments and then surgery would be approx 18 weeks after that.

Im just trying to guess roughly when it could happen so I can book a holiday next year lol

You can go ahead an book a holiday, as on your admission form they ask what dates you are not able to commit too. I have the same problem as my boss wants to go away Feb/March next year but I will be due for surgery around that time.

Back