• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St Richards 8th September

tango

Hi peoples

Ive just got my op date, 8th September with pre op on the 14th August at 12 at St Richards. Any one else around this time?

:coffee: Fancy a coffee?

x

Hey I've got my op on the 9th Sept.. so will see you in recovery I guess??

How exciting I was hoping someone else would be about at the same time. xx

Hey I've got my op on the 9th Sept.. so will see you in recovery I guess??

How exciting I was hoping someone else would be about at the same time. xx

:talk017:

Brilliant, look forward to meeting you. How you getting on at the moment. Do you have a date for your preop assessment?

Yes I'm there on August 19th for Pre-op. Am away for the first 2 weeks in August. When did you have yr first appt?

I'm so excited!! How are you feeling?

best of luck both of you....the team at Chichester are absolutely FANTASTIC!
You will be in good hands :eek:)

Congratulations on your Op date woop woop roll on 8th september, bet u can't wait. Good luck on ur pre op, your almost there xxx

Thanks Nightwitch and Joanne222 feeling quite calm at the moment thought I would be really excited. I think that I just need to get the preop appt out of the way so that I can start the diet before sugery. Then I know that I'll be on my way!

Yes I'm there on August 19th for Pre-op. Am away for the first 2 weeks in August. When did you have yr first appt?

I'm so excited!! How are you feeling?

I had my first appt with Guy Slater but he wasnt able to help me as I might have to have a Gastric Sleeve(GS said that he doesnt do the sleeves) instead of a bypass (lots of previous scaring from other ops) and they wont know until they have had a good look inside. I saw Shaw Somers about a month ago and he said that he would be able to help me one way or another.

I am sort of excited more strangely calm.

:D I am so pleased for you to get your date as well. Did funding go through ok for you? Wonder if we will be in beds next to each other......do you snore!?!?!?!?!

I am away in August early part but back for the 13th. Its odd to think that this will by my last fat summer holiday!! :)

best of luck both of you....the team at Chichester are absolutely FANTASTIC!
You will be in good hands :eek:)

Nightwitch...was there anything that you forgot to take with you which you wish you hadnt?? Is it all set up on the ward for big people? :)

it is a 6 bed ward just for the WLS patients, plus a couple of individual rooms i think. beds are comfy, has a bathroom/showeroom attached to the ward. The nurses are fantastic :)

you have plug sockets available for all your little gadgets you may want to bring (i had a portable dvd player with me hehe) ech bed has a hospicom tv thingy over it (which costs about 3.50 a day i believe, i never used it)

I remember i went in early saturday morning and was home again by the tuesday lunchtime :)

it is a 6 bed ward just for the WLS patients, plus a couple of individual rooms i think. beds are comfy, has a bathroom/showeroom attached to the ward. The nurses are fantastic :)

you have plug sockets available for all your little gadgets you may want to bring (i had a portable dvd player with me hehe) ech bed has a hospicom tv thingy over it (which costs about 3.50 a day i believe, i never used it)

I remember i went in early saturday morning and was home again by the tuesday lunchtime :)

Sounds more like a hotel!!! Thanks for info x:)

I had my first appt with Guy Slater but he wasnt able to help me as I might have to have a Gastric Sleeve(GS said that he doesnt do the sleeves) instead of a bypass (lots of previous scaring from other ops) and they wont know until they have had a good look inside. I saw Shaw Somers about a month ago and he said that he would be able to help me one way or another.

I wanted a band initially then was hoping for a sleeve but am actually having a bypass... got told Guy Slater will be my surgeon, haven't met him yet, I saw Chris Pring at my first appt.

So you'll be waking up & asking what surgery you've had then!!

I am sort of excited more strangely calm.

:D I am so pleased for you to get your date as well. Did funding go through ok for you? Wonder if we will be in beds next to each other......do you snore!?!?!?!?!

My whole journey has been a complete walk in the park compared to others, I'm one of the lucky ones!

Sounds like if we're not in neighbouring beds we'll be in close proximity to each other... I'm liking the sound of the 'hotel' afterwards!

Not sure about the snoring.. will ask hubby!! :D

I am away in August early part but back for the 13th. Its odd to think that this will by my last fat summer holiday!! :)

I know I keep thinking this time next year I'll be in proper summer clothes iykwim, looking forward to a skinnier Christmas too... think the Christmas do's maybe a tad different this year!! :D

I wanted a band initially then was hoping for a sleeve but am actually having a bypass... got told Guy Slater will be my surgeon, haven't met him yet, I saw Chris Pring at my first appt.

Guy Slater was really nice. Very calm. Was wonderful when I burst into tears when he said that I couldnt have bypass. He finished his other appointments and then spent at least an hour with me going through other options before he referred me to Shaw Somers. It was Shaw who thought that he still might be able to do the bypass but I think realistically I will end up with sleeve!

My hubby says that I do snore.....sorry!!!!!

Guy Slater was really nice. Very calm. Was wonderful when I burst into tears when he said that I couldnt have bypass. He finished his other appointments and then spent at least an hour with me going through other options before he referred me to Shaw Somers. It was Shaw who thought that he still might be able to do the bypass but I think realistically I will end up with sleeve!

My hubby says that I do snore.....sorry!!!!!

Hubby says I do too... don't think we'll be alone in that either!!

Is yr hubby hanging around on the day of yr op? Mine only has one day of leave left so I told him I'd rather he was about at home for a day to help than visiting me in hospital!!

There have been some fabulous results with the sleeve so I think you'll be fab!! Who knows you may even find you wake up with a bypass. xx

Hubby says I do too... don't think we'll be alone in that either!!

Is yr hubby hanging around on the day of yr op? Mine only has one day of leave left so I told him I'd rather he was about at home for a day to help than visiting me in hospital!!

There have been some fabulous results with the sleeve so I think you'll be fab!! Who knows you may even find you wake up with a bypass. xx

Sending mine home too, only get in the way! There isnt anything they can do really so its probably better if he goes home. I dont really want any visitors either, just hubby and maybe kids depending on how I feel after. Told my mum and friends to see me when I get home.

I am finding that I am stuffing my face at the mo....trying not to but thinking oh I better have this now cos I wont be allowed after op and whilst on pre op. Your losing weight really well at the moment is this a special diet or just 'watching what you eat'?

Last edited:
congrats on your op date!! im a lil jealous today everyone seems to be getting dates through :)) good luck!! x

Sending mine home too, only get in the way! There isnt anything they can do really so its probably better if he goes home. I dont really want any visitors either, just hubby and maybe kids depending on how I feel after. Told my mum and friends to see me when I get home.

I am finding that I am stuffing my face at the mo....trying not to but thinking oh I better have this now cos I wont be allowed after op and whilst on pre op. Your losing weight really well at the moment is this a special diet or just 'watching what you eat'?

Yeah mine might come with the kids too... how old are yours? Whereabouts are you?

I've been low carbing since January (got diagnosed with diabetes) but have completely fallen of the wagon & am also stuffing my face... don't seem to be able to get my head back into it at all!

congrats on your op date!! im a lil jealous today everyone seems to be getting dates through :)) good luck!! x

Your time will come Kelly... how far along are you on yr journey?

I think Chichester is one of the quickest so don't compare to us guys. xx

Yeah mine might come with the kids too... how old are yours? Whereabouts are you?

I've been low carbing since January (got diagnosed with diabetes) but have completely fallen of the wagon & am also stuffing my face... don't seem to be able to get my head back into it at all!

You have done really well, has your diabetes got any better? Its not long for either of us now perhaps we can encourage each other to stay on the straight and narrow?

Ive got a daughter of 13 and a son of 11. We live in Godalming, nr Guildford, Surrey. Takes about a hour to get to Chichester from here. What about you are you any closer? How old are your children?

Back