• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

tuu

Hi all I've got my surgery date through at St Richards Chichester for Sept 28th and pre op etc in Aug 23rd so not long now wondered if anyone else on here having surgery in September or sooner that would like a buddy to go through it all with .....I certainly would like someone I could share and ask questions with......just wondering ....also anyone else had there gastric bypass at St Richards chichester and would live to chat about way they do things ....thanks here's hoping xxxx

Hannah2

Hi Tuu, not September but my op is on the 25th so less than 2 weeks! Eeeekkkkkk!

I am in Yorkshire though so can't help with your area.

Happy to chat and answer what I can, if I can help!

H2x

Hannah2

Ohhh hannah that's so exciting not long now ....what are you having? X

Gastric bypass!

You checking the forum on a phone? If you turn the phone to landscape view, you can see people's details on the left hand side (in case you didn't know that!).

tuu

Gastric bypass!

You checking the forum on a phone? If you turn the phone to landscape view, you can see people's details on the left hand side (in case you didn't know that!).
OHHH YEAH THANK YOU FOR THAT TIP XXXXX

Hannah2

OHHH YEAH THANK YOU FOR THAT TIP XXXXX
It took me a while to work it out! Ha ha!

It does rely on people updating their info though and I think because the details are not visible all the time from a vertical phone like they used to be on the previous software (I think), it doesn't prompt people to update or to fill in the info in the first place.

I find it important info though, especially when people are talking about what they eat - someone with a sleeve or band can eat differently to those with a bypass (in the main) so it is important to know what op people have had.

tuu

Yes it's really good to see.....so how are you feeling hun only 10 days to go how you getting on with milk diet are you eating or just having milk? I've got to do 2 weeks of just 4 pints semi skimmed 2 pints no calorie liquid 1 sugar free jelly and a mug of bovril .......not sure how that will go !!!!! Xx

Hannah2

Errrr numb, I just feel numb! Weird feeling like it isn't actually going to happen!

I have a diary in the bronze diary section, not sure if you need 50 posts or 100 to see that section. So you might not be able to see it yet.

My diet is 2 pints skimmed milk (I am using the "best of both") and then one low cal low carb meal with 75g chicken - which is tiny!!!! I should be around 800 kcal a day and 80-90g carbs a day - that includes the milk!!! The veg you can have is restricted so no root veg or starchy veg like sweet corn or peas

Last night I did a big tray of roast veg, orange pepper, red onion, mushrooms and tomatoes and then added a bit of passata. I dry fried the chicken in strips and served it with some courgetti spaghetti!

Was nice but I was hungry 30 min later!!!!

Going to try a Chinese type stir fry tonight with beansprouts and I have some fresh cauli rice!!!

I don't know if I would prefer just the milk so I didn't crave food whilst having to think about food and how to be inventive with it, but I am not sure!

I think whichever we are given they are hard and will not be easy - if it were easy we would do this all the time and wouldn't need surgery!!!

I am just really glad that I have only had to do 12 days and not 4 weeks like some people, that must be really hard to face and I really admire people who survive that!

Rose2016

Hi my date is 10 sept. Pre op assmt on 26 August. I have chosen the slimfast LRD for ease as will be better for me at work. I'm having RNY bypass inLondon.

tuu

Hi Rose good luck with everything it's so exciting isn't it but also really scary ... I don't know about everyone else but it's all I think about right now.. lol. I was wondering about protein shakes post op and if that's something any of you had considered ...to be honest I'm paranoid about losing my hair being a hairdresser and they say as long as you have your protein you give yourself the best chance. St Richards Chichester have just given me the milk diet ...just milk, SF jelly and bovril I don't think I have any other choice it's for 2 weeks I think that is what they do if your over a certain bmi it's 2 weeks if under its 1 week. Xxx

tuu

I'm worried about sleeping position after surgery I can't usually sleep on my back I have to sleep on my side with pillow between my knees due to the fact I have back problem following surgery on my back and on reading posts on here sounds like after surgery your on your back for a while ....I'm so worried about this can anyone shed any light on this for me and us it worth mentioning at my pre op appointment next week ...xxxx

SAM55

Hi Tuu

Yes, I now have a September surgery, the 5th. I have just started a September thread in General WLS but not awake enough yet to work out how to make it a sticky!

Rose2016

Me please! RNY on 10th Sept in St Anthony's. Pre-Op appmt on 25th August then LRD to the big day.

Excited,nervous and full of hope.

FeeBee

Good luck everyone :woohoo:

FeeBee

@tuu I normally have to sleep like that too but following surgery it was too uncomfortable to sleep on my side because it felt like it was pulling my stomach. In hospital it was ok because I could adjust the various bits of bed. When I got home I used various wedges, support pillows and a full length body pillow and I managed to sleep on my back comfortably. It took some trial and error but I managed. Plus as I'm losing weight I'm not waking up so sore whatever position I sleep in now.
I was born with a bone disease so really do know how painful it can be x

puddytats

I'm worried about sleeping position after surgery I can't usually sleep on my back I have to sleep on my side with pillow between my knees due to the fact I have back problem following surgery on my back and on reading posts on here sounds like after surgery your on your back for a while ....I'm so worried about this can anyone shed any light on this for me and us it worth mentioning at my pre op appointment next week ...xxxx

I was worried too and it was actually fine. I was also worried about getting in and out of bed, as I'd slept in an upright position while in hospital. I mentioned this to the junior doctors and they arranged for a physio to come and show me how to get out of bed before I went home.

Once home, I used various pillows to prop me up, just like @FeeBee said. Gravity hurt at first, so rolling over was a little painful. If I did go onto my side, I used plenty of pillows to support my stomach and kind of wedged myself into bed.

Reactions: tuu