• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

It is @starryeyed going to have a bruise for a while, that's for sure. That'll teach me to swing the darn things around so much :(

It's really suprising how much of a workout you get from them though. I was doing clean and presses and my stomach muscles ache? :eek:

Pah. Just typed a really long post then it went.

So I had a blood test last week then went through the results with the bariatric nurse. All good at the high end of the range, particularly iron?

Anyway vitamin d was slightly under at 43, they would like me to be 50. But most people will the same as me as it's winter.

Back on x 2 vitamin D with calcium (the double d's - snigger) and I do feel better for it!

In other news after a two week stall I'm down another kilo which I'm really pleased with. Hoping to still get to 100kg or below before xmas. So watch this space.

Finally I have sustained a kettlebell injury. My PT was not sympathetic at all and said "oh well, at least its not both arms" :rolleyes:
Ouch! well done on the loss :)

Hey, September buddies, how are you all doing? I have read posts from some of you recently, but there are a few I haven't seen any from for a while... Penny being one of them. I am not very organised with how I keep up with people's threads so tend to just follow the alerts and the new posts so could have missed them.

Hey, September buddies, how are you all doing? I have read posts from some of you recently, but there are a few I haven't seen any from for a while... Penny being one of them. I am not very organised with how I keep up with people's threads so tend to just follow the alerts and the new posts so could have missed them.
Hi - thank you for thinking about me. I am still here, but haven't been posting for a while because I am a bit down just now - not due to the op, but other things. Still I have posted now so thank you for prompting that :)

Hi - thank you for thinking about me. I am still here, but haven't been posting for a while because I am a bit down just now - not due to the op, but other things. Still I have posted now so thank you for prompting that :)
We are all here for you Penny and I am particularly interested in how you are getting on as you are my 'same day, op buddy' :hugs:

@Mazza is it really bad to suggest hitting Mr PT next time and then see how bothered he is? ;)
Well done on your loss x

Christmas is still sneaks up on me every year. It's so busy!! Also avoiding the temptations are increasing... mini mince pies argh... hope September buddies are all doing ok with the seasonal challenges (shopping and parties!!) X

Christmas is still sneaks up on me every year. It's so busy!! Also avoiding the temptations are increasing... mini mince pies argh... hope September buddies are all doing ok with the seasonal challenges (shopping and parties!!) X
@LittleMissNom dont look at the M&S advert re mince pies lol! Those adverts used to make me want to crack open something yummy always had to rebut 3/4 times tubs of crocs/peanuts/mince pies! But nothing this year yay! Look at the adverts and feel nothing at all! I know this is the honeymoon phase which tbh couldn't be at a better time:)

Hi everyone hopefully you are all doing well. I'm rubbish at keeping up here as I'm back to work and it's flat out manic but as i had over two months off I am not complaining at all. Still doing well and losing, then Stalling then losing again but have accepted that's the way my body wants to play it. I've lost 4 stones exactly since August so I'm delighted with that. Need a technique to get me over Christmas as there's only so many bubble baths a girl can take to avoid eating ... ho ho ho

Hello fellow September'ers!

Life is good at the moment (work not so much but never mind).

Still loosing weight after a two week stall. Weighed in at 101 kg this morning. So well on track to get to 100 or under by Christmas.

Loving my sleeve and how I can eat anything (within reason) just a very small portion.

Absolutely no issues with sickness which is a godsend after suffering with reflux with my band.

I confess to trying a nibble of a mince pie but alas the sugar was too much, so that's them off limits........

Hi everyone, I'm also doing okay,i haven't weighed myself for six weeks so not sure how much I have lost,hopefully I can get over my fear of the scales soon! Only get weighed when I go to the hospital which is next week,l lost three stones in the first six weeks so really pleased with that. I went to a buffet style party last night didn't eat anything,but what was fantastic was that I wasn't the largest person in the room anymore.

Hello fellow September'ers!

Life is good at the moment (work not so much but never mind).

Still loosing weight after a two week stall. Weighed in at 101 kg this morning. So well on track to get to 100 or under by Christmas.

Loving my sleeve and how I can eat anything (within reason) just a very small portion.

Absolutely no issues with sickness which is a godsend after suffering with reflux with my band.

I confess to trying a nibble of a mince pie but alas the sugar was too much, so that's them off limits........
Fab! :)

Hi everyone, I'm also doing okay,i haven't weighed myself for six weeks so not sure how much I have lost,hopefully I can get over my fear of the scales soon! Only get weighed when I go to the hospital which is next week,l lost three stones in the first six weeks so really pleased with that. I went to a buffet style party last night didn't eat anything,but what was fantastic was that I wasn't the largest person in the room anymore.
It doesn't hurt not to get obsessed with the scales. What are you clothes telling you? I can't wait to not be the largest person in the room. When I get there then I know I will have achieved something :rolleyes:

Hi September folks. With new ears in mind, any NYR to offer up?
I've been having wine again with no ill effects so mine is to limit to two glasses a week, which is do-able.

New Years:)

Back