• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St Richards, Chichester

Spikeyjaycee

Hi guys, I'm due to go and see Mr Slater on 29 April and every now and then, questions keep popping into my head, that I'm hoping someone can answer for me?

At your first appointment with the consultant, was it decided there and then that you could have the op or were you referred to a dietician or psychologist?

How long did the first appointment take? What was done/asked?

Were you given any idea as to when the op would take place? Do they write to you in advance so you know when to start the pre-op diet? Also what sort of notice do they give you so you can organise cover at work etc?

If, as I have done, in the last 2 months, you've been to your GP for slimming tablets to help you lose a bit of weight, and you HAVE lost weight, does that go against you, or does it go in your favour cos the surgeon can see that you're serious about it and will stick to your new diet regime when you have the op?

Thanks in advance for your help with these questions. I may have more later........LOL
Cheers. Julie x

Hi
right - He told me there and then I could have the op he did refer me to the shrink as well. he did give me a timescale for the op timing but I was private so maybe different.

The dietician gives you the pre op diet at your pre op assesment a couple of weeks before the surgery date.

I had lost weight and he didnt notice/comment.

hope it helps
Liz
x

hi julie i went for my consultation today i was supposed to see Mr Slater but saw Mr Sommers instead. what a lovely lovely gentleman he was so kind. he asked my questions like when did my weight problem start? diets tried ect...asked me what op i was thinking of i said bypass and my reasons and he agreed with me. he explained to me the band and bypass how they work the risk the op etc.
i am on citalipram for anxiety he didnt mention me having to see psychologist before op only after to help with transistion to new lifestyle. shaw said the currant weight for op is 4/6 months. he didnt expect me to lose any weight before preop diet.
ihope that helps
kate xxx

Thanks Kate - it appeats quite a few people go along to their appointment thinking they are going to see Mr Slater and end up seeing Mr Sommers. I must admit I'd rather see Shaw anyway, but will have to wait and see next week who I get. So the current waiting list is another 4-6 months? Happy Christmas then! LOL

Back