• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St. Richards hospital? Choosing hospitals..

Hello Lucy, no it’s not my first appointment on this journey. I’ve been doing tier 3 which is part of the process to be accepted for weight loss surgery for ages now. This will be my first appointment at the hospital where I will meet the surgeon, dietician etc where they will tell me wether I’m accepted for surgery or not.. from then I will have the surgery in around 6 months after (so I’ve heard from others) but I’ve been doing this process for over 2 years now so I’m so ready to get it moving. Are you starting tier 3 appointments? With dietician, counsellor etc? Xxxxx

Yes , my first appointment next month to meet surgeon and them all.
I was referred back in July/August. X

Hey guys, thought I should write a quick update. Had my MDT in Chichester on Friday (1st March) and got approved for a sleeve at the end of summer.. so nervous but so excited! How is everyone else’s journey pre op or post op? Any of you had/having the sleeve? Xx

Wow
That’s amazing!!!! Did u ask for the sleeve?
So pleased for you
I’ve got my MDT March 21st!!!
Can’t wait
Really hoping to be accepted
Can I ask how much you weigh etc please ?
Lucy

I had preference over the sleeve yes and they told me that because I was young sleeve would be best for me.. the bypass was a bit too daunting for my brain but that’s just me! Ooo not long then! Thankyou :) please reply back and let us know how it goes! I’m 22. 5ft1 and 116kg so I have to lose quite a bit.. hoping i will!!! What are yours? What op are you hoping for and what hospital are you going to? Xz

I had preference over the sleeve yes and they told me that because I was young sleeve would be best for me.. the bypass was a bit too daunting for my brain but that’s just me! Ooo not long then! Thankyou :) please reply back and let us know how it goes! I’m 22. 5ft1 and 116kg so I have to lose quite a bit.. hoping i will!!! What are yours? What op are you hoping for and what hospital are you going to? Xz

Yes, I would like the bypass.
I’m 37 5ft4 110kg
And yes I’m going St Richards Chichester
Ooh I will really hoping for the go ahead!
Have you got to attend anything in the mean time?

Exciting times ahead, keep in touch xx

Hey guys, thought I should write a quick update. Had my MDT in Chichester on Friday (1st March) and got approved for a sleeve at the end of summer.. so nervous but so excited! How is everyone else’s journey pre op or post op? Any of you had/having the sleeve? Xx
Congratulations x

How exciting for you! I finish tier 3 at the be of September. So I can't wait for the op. I'm going to group sessions at St Richards, I've found them all to be so lovely x

Hello everyone, just another update.. I’ve finally got my op date! Pre op appointment is 18th June and op is 3rd July! Just over 4 weeks, I am absolutely petrified but excited at the same time lol. Anyone else? X
That's great news, it's normal to feel lots of mixed emotions, but you'll be fine x

Hello everyone, just another update.. I’ve finally got my op date! Pre op appointment is 18th June and op is 3rd July! Just over 4 weeks, I am absolutely petrified but excited at the same time lol. Anyone else? X
Fantastic news, you’ll be fine, all emotions are perfectly normal xx

I'll add you to the surgery list post x

Thankyou all! I’m just worried something will happen to me in the op or something I’m such a worrier lol! Excited though definitely. Thankyou all again, the support is so needed xxx

Thankyou all! I’m just worried something will happen to me in the op or something I’m such a worrier lol! Excited though definitely. Thankyou all again, the support is so needed xxx

I'm pretty sure these are normal feelings. I have my fears but the fear of what will happen if I don't have it are just as terrifying x

I think nearly everyone had those fears, but the risks these days are very minimal x

Back