• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm thinking of moving to Chichester........

Spikeyjaycee

Well it would certainly save on train fares..... Got a letter yesterday from St Richards. (Would have seen it sooner but hubby left it on our bed and I didn't see it till I went to bed - thanks love!!). I've got an appointment on 18 August to chat to the psychotherapists about my eating habits and how surgery will affect me etc. So I now have a day in Chichester on 31 July and 18 August to look forward to. Southern Rail will be making a packet out of me!! Still another step closer. How did others get on with their psycho appointments?

dont move to chichester its a boring place. lol

Hi Julie...i know how u feel its a real pain travelling to chichester, i can get there in 50 minutes from me by train but to get home i have to go all the way back to east croydon then back down to east grinstead as i cant get home from three bridges so it wud cost me around £40 but fortunately my boyfriends mum has been able to drive me down ive been quite lucky...as for the psychotherapist i hope you get Janet because she is lovely. u have to go to the chichester suites and they are where private patients go its proper lush in there and its all clean and new i hope we get to go there after the op!! It was a good appointment just be open and honest about your life history, i came away learning a lot about why I do what I do. My mum and I had a very long talk after it over the phone. I had the dietician after that on Monday just gone so unfortuantely you will prob have to go again but i was told that that was it and now im waiting for my date and the pre-op assesment, i also found out i only have to do the milk diet for 7 days woop woop! I hope your psych appt goes well, am here to talk if you need to :) love laura x

Hi, i am only just starting the process, my gp sent my referral into hospital last week. Can you explain about the diet pre op for me please? I heard you fast for 2 weeks but then on here i have heard about a milk diet.... confused.

Julie

Hi, i am only just starting the process, my gp sent my referral into hospital last week. Can you explain about the diet pre op for me please? I heard you fast for 2 weeks but then on here i have heard about a milk diet.... confused.

Julie

i found that the pre-op diet differs but for chichester it appears to be the milk diet which i found consists of 4 pints of semi skimmed milk a day, a couple of non fat yoghurts, sugar free jelly and a salty drink. because i lost weight the dietician told me i would only be on it for 7 days when normally its 10 days. they will tell you whenyou see the dietician but apparently some people are quite weak (energy wise) and its very difficult but whats 7 days in the rest of your life thats how i look at it, still not terribly excited!! LOL

Last edited:
i found that the pre-op diet differs but for chichester it appears to be the milk diet which i found consists of 4 pints of semi skimmed milk a day, a couple of non fat yoghurts, sugar free jelly and a salty drink. because i lost weight the dietician told me i would only be on it for 7 days when normally its 10 days. they will tell you whenyou see the dietician but apparently some people are quite weak (energy wise) and its very difficult but whats 7 days in the rest of your life thats how i look at it, still not terribly excited!! LOL

thats def the right one minus the yogurts lol it is hard going for first few days ut after that you start feeling really good albeit tired

Hi Julie...i know how u feel its a real pain travelling to chichester, i can get there in 50 minutes from me by train but to get home i have to go all the way back to east croydon then back down to east grinstead as i cant get home from three bridges so it wud cost me around £40 but fortunately my boyfriends mum has been able to drive me down ive been quite lucky...as for the psychotherapist i hope you get Janet because she is lovely. u have to go to the chichester suites and they are where private patients go its proper lush in there and its all clean and new i hope we get to go there after the op!! It was a good appointment just be open and honest about your life history, i came away learning a lot about why I do what I do. My mum and I had a very long talk after it over the phone. I had the dietician after that on Monday just gone so unfortuantely you will prob have to go again but i was told that that was it and now im waiting for my date and the pre-op assesment, i also found out i only have to do the milk diet for 7 days woop woop! I hope your psych appt goes well, am here to talk if you need to :) love laura x

Hi Laura - thanks for that. I don't know if I'm doing things differently but I'm seeing the dietician and anathatist on 31 July and the psychs on 18 August. Would that mean that the next appointment would be the pre-op assessment and then the actual op?

yeah as long as everything with physch is ok . u then get pre op and then op. xx

the psychs are lovely and yes you are in the aldwick bay that is within the chichester suite for surgery they are all lovely there good luck ladies xxxxx

Hi Laura - thanks for that. I don't know if I'm doing things differently but I'm seeing the dietician and anathatist on 31 July and the psychs on 18 August. Would that mean that the next appointment would be the pre-op assessment and then the actual op?

Yeah i believe you see all these people then its pre-op assessment but I get confused at this point because the dietician said I probably wouldn't be seeing the aneathetist on a seperate appointment but at the pre-op. I will be devastated if I have to go seperately as its such a nightmare and with mid August being difficult due to work I just want to get on!!! I guess it is definitely a case by case basis situation lets just hope it gets easier....:sigh:

yeah as long as everything with physch is ok . u then get pre op and then op. xx

Thanks Mandy. I really don't want to have to travel all the way to Chichester AGAIN for yet another appointment after the 18 August (Unless of course its the pre-op assessment!). Its a pity they can't do the dietician, anathatist and psychologist all on the same day. Would save an awful lot of travelling!

Thanks Mandy. I really don't want to have to travel all the way to Chichester AGAIN for yet another appointment after the 18 August (Unless of course its the pre-op assessment!). Its a pity they can't do the dietician, anathatist and psychologist all on the same day. Would save an awful lot of travelling!

HERE HERE!!!!! :D

Hi All

im going to the Chichester suite tomorrow for my pre-assessment, then going in on wed for the bypass! glad to hear it is nice there. x

Hi All

im going to the Chichester suite tomorrow for my pre-assessment, then going in on wed for the bypass! glad to hear it is nice there. x
pre op in chichester suite? not loxwood centre?. xx

Are all these appointments for NHS patients?

As I am going from N.Ireland it would be hell to do all that travelling. Also, to fly from Belfast City to Southampton is not cheap so hope I don't have to.

I wonder how close to the actual op date they can do the pre-op....I guess I will have to go back over for that but just wish that could be done on same trip as operation.

op dates for nhs are usually 2 weeks after pre ops. xxx

Hi Josie, do you mind if i ask when your last appointment was i.e dietcian/psychotherapist and once you had them how long you waited untill u got ur date for surgery? thanks! xx p,s good luck with the surgery next week and hope the pre-op went well, what happened on it? xxx

Back