• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stage 2 food ideas

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hi all this is what i have got for stage 2, so cant wait .... so far got this

Corned beef and mash pot
mash and gravy
Cauliflower Cheese
Cheese and beans
Scrambled egg
tuna mayo
egg mayo

half a tin of stewed steak in gravy ,smash with cheese is my favourite at the mo but i'm supposed to be moving onto eating properly very soon but i do like my mushy stage ;)

Oh bex, I can't wait for this stage some real food again!!

Only another three weeks to go!!! For me :)

Soon be here, am doing a list - anymore guys xx

Bex I'm now on stage two and it is lovely .... But I get fuller on this type of food. I just have to remind myself that even tho I want to eat loads my little yum can't cope! It's all a learning curve. Xx

I use a cheddar called 'I can't believe its cheddar' very low fat & tastes lovely in a very soft omelette. Also get my protein up a bit by eating Bonbel's as my snack ...
I also like spaghetti hoops with scrambled egg & a few bits of ham cut very finely, mixed in. xxx

Hi have a try of these.

1 egg scrambled with 1 tp of Philly Lite Cheese
Porridge - I have this at anytime during the day or nite.
Mushy peas with mint sauce mixed in it!!!
Big Soup - tsp of mint sauce mixed in
Weight Watchers - Shepherds Pie, Ocean Pie, Chicken Hot Pot - chew chew chew
Mashed Banana
Dutchcrispbakes with Philly Lite Cheese - these melt in your mouth or try water biscuits these are low calories as well.
Morrisons prepared carrot and swede mash with a tsp of mint sauce mixed in.
Morrisons prepared cheesy mash.
Sml tin of spaghetti hoops
Sml tin of baked beans with a sprinkly of LF cheese on top
Dairylea dippers with tiny breadsticks

I found the Return to slender site and The World According to Egg face helpful

Thanks hun x

I do all and any variations of hunters/shepherds/fish pie the toppings mash with onions and low fat cheese

you name the fish meat or whatever goes in below and i do it great to experiment with

Is panakity ok to eat (just like a hot pot made in a pan). How me mam makes it corned beef, onion, potato and gravy. Sounds plain but just stick it in a pan and it's lovely, can have it blended or lumps maybe with some cheese sprinkled over top. X

sounds lush hun< as long as apple sauce consistency its fine xx

Perfect timing as I starting it tomorrow evening and cannot wait. I have two apples tree in my garden so made lots of Apple stew. Delicious with fromage frais

I am six weeks and 4 days post op. The kind of foods I have been eating over the last 2 weeks or so include the following.

Bakes butternut squash.
Turkey mince made into a Shepherds pie with carrot and swede mash.
Poached egg/Scrambled ( Wasn't too keen on the texture of the scrambled so stick to poached eggs)
Lentil Dahl ( Rather than make my own as I always make too much I have used Ainsley Harriots packet ones) Nice flavour from the garam masala so if you fancy a curry flavour you may enjoy this.
Dairly lea on Dutch crispbakes.
Wafer thin ham ( Make sure you chew thoroughly)
Whole earth peanut butter on dutch crispbakes. I can manage 2 on a good day but sometimes one only.
Mashed avocado.
Weetabix with skimmed milk.
Milky coffees
Jacket potato with low fat cheese and beans
3 bean chilli, I made my own in the slow cooker but you can buy tinned versions.
I used chick peas, berlotti beans, cannelini beans, kidney beans and butter beans, tinned tomatoes, chilli flakes and passata plus some chicken stock. I ate it on its own but made some rice for OH.
Low fat hummus
Egg mayonaise made with extra low fat mayo.

I have also had a few ready meals from the supermarket but to be honest for me they don't taste that nice, I tried a Morrisons eat smart chicken and broccolii pie with a mash potato topping and it was tasteless.
The cottage and shepherds pie seem a bit better.

I have not been eating many fruits yet as I feel a bit scared but I will introduce a few soon.

Wendy x

Just another few things to add, went shopping today, got some low fat liver pate, high in protein and good on a crispbake for a light lunch.
I got a packet of brazil nuts, I did try on, chewed carefully, hopefully will have more in a few weeks. Also got a mixed bag of raosted seeds and nuts to carry in my handbag for future use.

I also bought some food doctor soya nuts ( very high in protein). You can find them in the whole foods section. I got some Philadelphia light with black pepper and spring onion, babybels lights. and some laughing cow triangles, all good sources of protein and fab if you cannot manage to eat much.

Bought a sweet potato, ( dont boil it, I peel and chop it up sprinkle it with some spices and bake in the oven. The squashes are on special offer in Morrisons so got another small one for 50p and I will be doing the same with that for tomorrows dinner.
Also got some cauliflower and will make a cauliflower cheese, I would normally make my own cheese sauce but going to try a packet mix for convenience and use skimmed milk. Will only be having a small portion so hoping the fat content will not be that high.

Tongith for dinner I did a roasted veg cous cous, cut courgettes, red peppers, spring onions, and mushrooms, roasted them in the oven with a small amount of olive oil and some seasoning, then added coud cous which I had steeped in veg stock. I had that and OH had fresh tuna, I did try a tiny bit but was scared in case it got stuck, it didn't but I can add that to the list of things I have tried.

I have tried to avoid too many carbs so limit myself to 2 crispbakes a day if that, also potatoes, also no pasta, bread or rice. Might try them one day but not for a few months yet.

Wendy x

Wow wendy. Can i come live with you? I love your creativity! Xx

Back