• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stage two - Mushy foods

jaxx

Can someone please give me some ideas as to what is easy to eat at this stage?

I've got some ideas from my dietician but I'd rather have help from someone who's had experience about all this.

I tried some Salmon this evening and perhaps because I pan fried (with a teaspoon of olive oil) it rather than steamed it, it wasn't going down well so I quit eating it and went on to cottage cheese instead. I made sure I chewed it thoroughly.

The diet sheet I got from my dietician says I can have minced beef or chicken with a low fat gravy or low fat tomato based sauce but after the problems I had with the salmon tonight I'm a bit wary of trying it. Can I have pasta or rice at this stage? What about Baked Beans?

Any help is gratefully appreciated. xx

rybens

yorkie puddin!
at this stage i had fish in sauce as in the boil in the bag kind as it was easy to blend and mush , i also bought a few ww freash ready meals split them into five and froze them like cottage pie or fish pie , i still dont get along with rice or pasta but at sloppy stage had spaggeti from a tin with mash, caulli cheese and mash most veg mush down well, beans are fine but do fill you up very quick. I found chicken not to mush down great to be honest so had tiny peices and chewed them to death. Thicker soups are good and the meat and veg in them tend to mush up well too, its all trial and error bt my advice is only make up very small amounts at a time as i wasted a lot of food early days x

dreamofbeingslim

Can't wait for next appt
Not at that stage yet Jaxx but how about a long slow cooked casserole then mush it up as it will be lovely and tender.

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
beans spaghetti hoops, my dieticain said you can pretty much puree anything.
spag bol without the spaghetti
shepherds pie
fish pie
meatballs - frey bentos
thicker soup
cauliflower cheese
mash potatoes with cheese - beans
mushy peas
fish inb parsley sauce
fish in butter sauce
chicken fillet pureed with carrots and swede

I had chicken dinner made a bit like toddler food - yummy

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
I have been having those Youngs fish in the bag things, pop em in the oven in the bag. salmon, cod etc, very healthy and yummy, I also been having mushy peas, mashed sweet potatoe. all in small portions and all very yummy. :)

moonflower

Is it just little doing the chunkier baby food as got do next stage for me little one now. Already got puree mush in ice cubes. Was going start doing casseroles and bakes etc in the chopper rather than blender I'll do some bigger batches if so.

xx

jaxx

I have been having those Youngs fish in the bag things, pop em in the oven in the bag. salmon, cod etc, very healthy and yummy, I also been having mushy peas, mashed sweet potatoe. all in small portions and all very yummy. :)

I looked at those today but decided that because they had a butter sauce it would be too fatty, are they ok then?

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
I looked at those today but decided that because they had a butter sauce it would be too fatty, are they ok then?
Yeah, I just drained the butter sauce away, because its really runny it's easy, so I just had the fish a small peice of the fish mushed up.

swizzlestick

Lifes a beach
Hi Jaxx

I still have probs with some fish and im over 3 months post bypass, I love oven baked salmon i have it tonight lol but half the time I have it it doesnt go down to well, other times it does, wish me luck tonight :) I also have the same problem with stewing steak no matter how soft and melt in the mouth it is :(

FBN4EVA and Rybens have given you some great ideas there, avoid rice and pasta.