• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stalling ?

sarahloveswelshcobs

Feeling sorry for myself and a kick up the bum to snap out of it.

I record weight every Friday, but do weigh most days.

I had been losing really well - then all of a sudden had a stall and didn't lose anything (3 weeks ago), then 3.5lb week before last and showing 1.5lb last week. Scales today as showing me 1.5lb up (so a loss this week is likely to be a challenge...be lucky if I break even again)

I took a season ticket out and started at the pool 3 weeks ago. Been going 4 times most weeks since and doing 40 lengths a time now (1km) of an evening.

Do you think it's because I've introduced the exercise - or just one of those things ?

Was out and about much of the day with my little boy today at a country show.

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg, crispbread, half a cup of tea

lunch - large sausage in a baguette roll - DIVIDED IN HALF between us. Didnt finish the bread in mine....

came home with a banging headache which was likely due to deyhydration. Carried litteuns stuff about all day so never bothered with my own :rolleyes:

glass of water

coffee (little milk, no sugar)

early dinner (6pm) - chicken breast with a little tomato puree and 3 sliced olives, baked with a handful of carrots

2 x coffee

later - an orange

I feel guilty as hell about the roll with sausage at lunchtime - but there was little on offer other than burgers, chips, hog roast and sausage. The hog roast smelt divine - and I really fancied it (minus the roll) but not ideal with a 4yo who wants sausage...

Written down, it doesnt look that bad given it was a weekend and day out - although I really mentally regret the roll. :break_diet:

I reckon I'm normally on about 750 > 850 cals a day. No idea on the roll today, but there was no sauce, butter etc - so doubt it's over 1000 for the day

Just cant understand why the last 3 weeks everything has been so slow :confused:

I can't advise but from everything I've read it sounds really common for everyone to stall at some point despite doing everything right. Grit your teeth and carry on huni, it will soon start dropping off again.
Good luck :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I guess.

I keep worrying that I'm either eating too much or not eating enough. Dietician didnt seem to have any issues when I saw her a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully things will get rolling again soon

I know a last who had a wrap and she has stalled for three weeks now. Think their op was around the 10th march. By all accounts it's perfectly normal. X

Deary me, you are allowed sausage lol! Guilt is not a good thing for this journey.

My weight loss slowed down when I ramped up the exercise but now it's off again so maybe you're having the same.

Try and keep your fluids up and I'm sure it'll be moving again soon xx

Stalls are normal...and so is the panic! Just maybe shake things up, add a few more protein snacks, cut back on the carbs and ride it out. Good luck!

I figured I just needed a boot up the rear.....

I've been having very little carbs to be honest. Have been avoiding bread for 3 months and cant remember last time I had potatoes / pasta or rice. Having eaten bread this weekend, now having a huge guilt trip.

During the week at work, it's easy to forget to eat during the day - but I get coffee and tea left on my desk so I don't forget to drink, though I rarely finish a cup.

At home, it's a different story. I forget to drink ... pure and simple. I really need to ramp up the fluids

Back