• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello new me.

debbieb

Just thought I would share... Ten weeks post op now. Just had a clear out and thrown away 4 black bags full of old clothes !!.. Roll on pay day .... I need to go shopping !

its great isnt it...throwing out and giving away what is too big.. im so used to throwing out stuff which is too small and thinking.. i will never get in them again...wish i had kept them now!! lol
word of warning though... dont spend too much on new clothes yet... i brought a pair of size 24 jeans of my catalogue for £30 and i only wore them 4 times... now they are on a hanger to sold as they are way way to big for me.... but on the plus side... i got a size 22 pair from tesco for £2!! lol xx enjoy your shopping xx

Hi, I am getting a few bits from tesco's , as I work next to a superstore, great find , a pair of jeans for 2 pound ! ....and on another plus note .....while trying a reebok top on that I brought from e bay, I thought "god ,this still feels tight a bit,"... till I took it off and was just and was just about to throw it , when I noticed that it was 4 SIZES SMALLER !! ...I need to get out of thinking that I am still a 32/34 and accept that I need to be getting smaller clothes. X

Getting your head into the right vision of the new you is tough. Until people said I'd lost my round face I was still seeing the me on the mirror I had for years. Now I catch my reflection in a window or mirror & do a double take at the skinny me I now see. The other week I picked up some size 12 jeans I'd been given & thought no way will they fit yet, tried them on thinking they'd get stuck halfway on but they didn't they went on smoothly & were in fact a bit big. That shook me to realise I could wear something that looked so small.

what a great weight loss you have achieved. can only dream of the day when i too will be filling black bin liners with clothes that are too big!! xx

Thank you everyone ....and thanks Penelope 1008, it's great when people comment on your loss isn't it , because like I said I am still set at size 32+ but hearing it from other people that you look great , or wow you've lost weight helps you realise that you are changing... And for me personally I have found that I have some really great supportive work colleagues who are always commenting when I go on shift how I am changing, literally before there eyes !! .. They have even started to bring me some of there smaller clothes that they no longer want !!.....( that saves me a fortune while I am constantly changing shape ! lol ).

I'm planning on selling all my clothes on ebay after the op.

Mens clothing , used , even on ebay goes for quite a good price. Plus I've a suitcase full of clothes that I can wear once I start losing weight. Continue selling them as I lose yet more.

Looking forward to going into normal shops to buy clothes. Most shops , including Asda only seem to go to XXL.

Back