• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stalls are bad but to put weight on? OMG!!!

phatmomma

Okay it's well documented i have had a few stalls and after the last one the scales showed a loss of 5lbs last Monday! Well i've been and weighed today hoping i'd slip under the 18stone weight (which was my weight last week) and according to Boots i've put a lb on! How is this possible?

I've heard about the stalls and expected them but i can't remember anyone gaining, especially so early post op!

HELP!!!

ps, doctor has given me movicol & senna to help my toilet habits become more regular...

:hug99:Julie. Your body is being a little b* at the moment. It is still early days and you are probably still adjusting. Plus if you are not having regular bowel movements that may be having an impact too. I am sure the weight will have shifted again by next week.

tranquil

Hi Julie,

It's probably a lot to do with your irregular bowel issue... hope that soon gets sorted... plus... we are all so different.... you didn't do too bad last week... I tend to be a fortnightly loser and would expect this from myself.....

It will happen and you are looking good with whatever you are doing... just keep going love xxx

Could be fluid, could be TOTM? Could be constipation? Have you measured yourself with a tape measure?
I think the scales lie. You know yourself a pound could be down to any of the above. I gained 2.5 kgs in my first 5 days post-op! But I knew it was fluid etc so I didn't allow myself to panic.
Hopefully by next week, that nasty pound will have gone, and taken some friends with him!
I hope so. I feel your pain.
sending love n hugs. xxxx

If it wasn't your usual weighing scales and usual time for weighing in I wouldn't fret about it. Easier said than done though I know. Hang in there sweetie.

Hi Jules, i had a 1lb gain very early after bypass, and i am sure that you wont want to hear this, but i upped my water, and have had some cracking losses after this, plus i go to the loo everyday, it may not be the answer hun, just a suggestion as it worked for me
hope the little begger shifts for you next week hun
xxxxx

It was my usual scales, the day of weighing can vary from anywhere from Friday to Monday but we always try to go for about the same time of day....

I finished my totm on Thursday :) So was well chuffed with losing 5lb last week whilst on my period!

I'm upping my fluids as much as i can and also hoping going to the lav more regular will help! It's hard not to compare yourselves when you see others losing at a greater speed than you are! However from the size clothes i am in now last time i wore a size 20 i was just over 16 stone and now am 18stone in the same size... Don't quite understand that lol.....

I was convinced i would only weigh once a month but i can't leave it that long. I figure if i weigh weekly if there are no losses i can try and backtrack and see what it could be down too. And of course this works in the reverse too :)

Thanks for the suggestions and for letting me know i'm not the only one. I'll be glad when i've had my post op check on Friday :) xx

Good luck for your next weigh in Julie, I think the bowel could be the culprit here! Snakey little blighter! Im sure when youve "been" a bit more regularly you will loose again ;) x

Try not to worry....

people get too wrapped up in the number - its the big picture that counts, in a years time imagine how much the total might be :)

Your still healing - remember things are still swollen inside !

Still? :eek::eek::eek:

In all honesty i feel like my surgery was ages ago. Probably because i had such an easy time of it and also with food!

And i feel marvellous, roll on this time next year!!!

Still? :eek::eek::eek:

In all honesty i feel like my surgery was ages ago. Probably because i had such an easy time of it and also with food!

And i feel marvellous, roll on this time next year!!!
Thats the spirit hun, never mind next year, think of that new years eve dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I often go up and down a pound or so during the week and have stopped worrying about it.

Don't worry hun im sure even if you weighed yourself tomorrow it wud be gone! when i was at WW i was a scales fanatic and could vary 5lb in a day!! then when i went for weekly weighin had lost 3 etc.. so keep doing what you doing and it will pay off im sure

jaynexxx

Hey Julie,

Just think about how hung up we are on the scales, Just wait and see give your self another 12 months you will look back and laugh, cos a lb is nothing, I know that in the beginning every lb seems to count, but like others have said just wait for the bigger picture to emerge, the new you..... whoo hoo just wait its a great feeling.... so follow the rules, eat what you shud, drink what you shud and enjoy the ride, dont let the scales spoil it for you!!!

Julie, I go up and down like a yoyo - even if I've been excellent if I go to the gym then the next day my weight can go up by 3lb! The body is a funny thing but if your clothes are feeling looser then you can guarantee its coming off. When I was doing atkins he said in his book that when you lose fat the empty fat cells stay in your body and temporarily fill up with water so you actually stay the same weight even if you are losing fat, the water eventually goes and you register a loss so don't fret about the weight gain, am sure it's nothing. Having toilet problems also makes me gain weight so that's likely to be contributing - keep measuring yourself and I'm sure you will see a difference

hi Julie
Im glad you posted this cos I had my first gain this morning since I started my pre-op in May and I was feeling very miserable. I've talked to myself all about the weight not being important and it will be gone tomorrow etc but it has really affected my day. All day long i have wanted to binge like I did before the band. I have baked all day so that I could torment myself with being around food. Why do the scales matter so much? I know its silly but it was good to read your post and replies to try to get my head back into gear
hope you are ok
JO XX

Hate it when scales do this its so annoying and it can change our mood for the day and make us feel rubbish. It more than likely is bowel movements or lack of. If you've followed the rules try and push it to the back of your mind if you can as it will taunt you till you next get on the scales. Have you been exercising more? (the muscle weighs heavier than fat thing.) Have you kept any measurements because you could have lost inches? xxx

I always encourage people to measure yet didn't do it myself.... If it had been a lb off i'd have been happier simply because a lb would have got me into the 17something bracket... I did do 5 miles walking last week over two days then my foot got really painful so i couldn't walk anymore!

I'm wondering if i cut out too many carbs last week. I don't eat bread/potatoes very often, not because i can't but because i thought i was having it too often when i was stalling. I went protein for every meal and to be honest am getting a tad fed up with blooming fish, one day i had fish in some shape or form for every meal!!! Every day for lunch was salad with some protein somewhere, no bread or potato. Think i'll try and throw a bit of wholemeal bread into the equation this week, if only to accompany my salads....

I try and stick to the rules, i don't drink for 30 minutes before or after a meal and i have upped my fluids. Luckily my foot has stopped hurting and me and OH intend to have a good walk this week :)

I'll see what the scales have nice to say to me next weekend :) xx

Back