• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stalls are bad but to put weight on? OMG!!!

Julie i thought you couldn't drink for a hour and half after food I'm sure i read that (could be wrong not the first time and won't be the last.)
hope scales will be kind to you next week. I read a thread on here phat girl (nichole) which said eating protein is good and there was a formula to use to do with your ideal weight think i needed 90 grams when i worked mine out. no wonder your fed up with fish, i would be xxx

Try not to worry....

people get too wrapped up in the number - its the big picture that counts, in a years time imagine how much the total might be :)

HALLELUJAH!! my sentiments exactly

dont worry about it julie - whats 1lb? when you have shifted so many lbs all ready! and you will keep shifting till you reach your goal im sure!
sending hugs your way because i know its annoying and it gets you down but just think of how far you have come! your doing brilliantly hun! xxxx

Julie its just an idea but why don't you measure yourself now? You're still early enough in he WLS journey to see a huge difference by the time you reach target, and it would maybe buck you up if you hit another stall, to see inches coming off?

Julie, hope your weight gets below the 18's soon.

Rebirth

It's a nightmare, isn't it?
I can fluctuate quite a lot because of fluid retention - my hormones have been all over the place since my surgery. My GP says it is because women store so many hormones in their body fat and as we release the fat the hormones are allowed to rampage around our bodies. This explains some of the mood swings I had early on, too.

The bowel issues caused lots of fluctuations too.

Healing internally can take 6 months to settle down fully. It's much longer than you expect when you look at your external wounds.

I wish I could keep sight of the big picture, but I must confess to stepping on the scales a couple of times a week. I have trouble seeing what I really look like in the mirror, so I like to keep tabs on my weight. Unfortunately, the number can have a positive or negative effect on my mood!

It's amazing how the scales can affect your mood! I've had no screaming ab dabs or waterworks since my surgery, which i was told to expect the hormones to kick in big time!

If i get a big ball of string i'll measure myself! Otherwise i can see the differences in the mirror at times. I don't avoid the demon glass anymore lol.

I'm sure the fact my bowels are on strike is having an effect on the scales. Will continue to do what i'm doing and see how i go!

Thanks folks xxx

Back