• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

staples!!!

Well I'm 1 week post op (band) and not feeling to bad at all! :) on Monday I have my staples out! I know they are ready to come out as my incisions are getting really itchy so must be healing but I'm so scared that it's goin to hurt!!! Anybody else have staples? Xx

hi...i had mine out this morning. was really worried it was going to hurt. well i dont know what the hell i was worried about. i only felt one of them the others i didnt feel at all. please dont worry about them
i now has steri strips in place for a week.
julie
xxxxxx

yes i am a week today. i am feeling fine. i was glad to get them staples out they were itching and pulling. bending is much easier without them.
was gonna go back to work on monday but at the hospital they said i should have another week...who am i to argue, will look forward to a week in the garden!!!
how are you doing?

Staples came out easily. I even watched the nurse do it :)

glad you found it ok too. do you still have dressings on. i have, and am dying to take them off and have a look.
how are you doing on your liquids?
julie xxx

Iwill be having mine out onfriday so i looked it up.
Found somweone with what looks like similar incisions to mine on youtube...thinking it will depend on the expertise/care and attention of the person doing it, but doesnt look like it will be a big thing. Looks a lot better than when i had stitches out.
YouTube - ‪Staple removal‬‏

Hi julie! I've got no dressings on I asked that but she said they had healed enough to be left alone! I'm struggling getting enough fluids in to be honest! What's your normal day? Mine is
Breakfast- cup of tea
Lunch- 1/2 tin of soup
Tea- protein shake
Snack - half muller light
As much drink as I can but I know I should be drinking more xx

Feeling really lousy today. No pain since the second day but discomfort ....whoaaa

Im finding it difficult to eat/drink coz always feeling bloated. Have been walking around as much as poss, but seriously unccomfortable. Bad cramps each time i eat also, even the smallest amount

Im told it takes about 3months to 'seetle'...roll on 3 months coz this is awful!!!!!!! Feel like having a darn good cry but then i would get wind and there is no room in there!

hi Sheffieldgirl,
i went for my follow up appt with the dietician today. i have been having 3 slimfast a day plus a small amount of soup and lots of water. and am still hungry over the last few days. she is going to speak to the surgeon to see if i can be booked in for an early fill. she thinks it is unusual for someone to not be struggling to get enough in! i like to be unique!!
she was pleased with weight loss though. total loss of 20lb (includes pre op).
wounds are healing nicely so i hope to start swimming again in the next few days.
Julie xxx

Im finding it difficult to eat/drink coz always feeling bloated. Have been walking around as much as poss, but seriously unccomfortable. Bad cramps each time i eat also, even the smallest amount

Im told it takes about 3months to 'seetle'...roll on 3 months coz this is awful!!!!!!! Feel like having a darn good cry but then i would get wind and there is no room in there!

Make sure you are not bunged up at all as you may have some solids in there from before your op. Also, try foods and drinks at different temperatures. Even now at 2 years out I cannot drink very cold drinks. Iced water is the worst for pain. Hot drinks are easier to drink than warm ones.... Sounds stupid but does make a difference.
x

Back