• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Start all over again...

charliegirl

After a day of phone calls and frustrations the position I am now in is. I have been approved for funding, they are disregarding what Mr Ammori said as his letter of recommendation, whilst being faxed to the PCT was addressed to my GP asking him to apply for funding. The lady at the PCT said she had gone the extra mile for me chasing things up from my GP etc. (I actually did this for her!). She said that they have a contract with Spire hospitals in macclesfield to carry out the surgery and whilst its not the cheapest option thats where they go. It is a private hospital. I will have to have blood tests redone etc and see a new surgeon which she states will be within one month. This will cost the NHS £325 for that one consultation, despite the NHS already shelling out £125 for my consultation under the NHS with Mr Ammori. (add on to this the cost of the blood tests etc etc). She said that my GP can write to the commissioning team requesting I continue with Mr Ammori but its highly likely that they will say no. I have an appointment with my GP in the morning, but in the meantime he has completed the form requesting a referral at Spire which they are holding off posting until I have spoken to them tomorrow.

No wonder the NHS is in trouble with money when they throw it away on duplicating tests and consultations. Nothing can console me right now, I know I am extremely lucky to have funding in place when a lot of you have not but it seems very cruel just now and I need to go cry some more....:cry:

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Hi Linda, that's where I had my surgery. With my PCT it was that you would hear from the hospital within a month, not necessarily that you would see the surgeon within a month (funding approved Jan, first appointment April). HOWEVER, it may be completely different with your PCT.

Try to focus on the positive, you will still be getting your surgery, you will still be in a good hospital with good surgeons, it's just happening a little differently than you imagined. :hug99:

charliegirl

Its the fact I am back to waiting for letters, appointments, blood tests everything, the last 18 weeks were just a waste of my time and energy. PCT said I should see surgeon within a month. Sick to death of being told so many different things I have been through this once its not right I have to do it all over again...

Silver Shoes

Linda,

Hang in there...please! There will be light at the end of the tunnel. It may mean waiting that bit longer, but you are getting there. Like Shel has said, you will get your surgery, just the waiting again. It will be worth it. Sending you hugs, hope you come back soon,

Kel xxxx

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
I know this must be frustrating, the journey always is. I did not know until the friday before my op weather it would happen as there had been a cock up with some final documentation from the psychologist team.

I got really worried and peeved as I had been on the pre-op diet for 3 weeks with the knowledge all was well. I just happened to phone about something else.

They called me Friday at 5pm to let me know it was happening after all.

So hang on in there, your time will come, in the meantime focus on the long term goal, the big picture and do positive stuff just for you to keep focused.

I know it's tough, but don't scare people you don't know with posts like that.

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
i agree with you kel the wait will be worth it, hope to see you back on here soon, (((hugs)))

liz xx

charliegirl

Sorry I have no idea what this means????? I was posting because I was upset and wanted support, not to be told thats it's tough I know it's tough thats why I am upset at the thought of having to go through it all again! Yours took six months from referral to surgery mine has taken that long and will (if I am lucky) be that long again so I would say I got a raw deal compared to you. You need to think how you word things, I am facing another six months of sleepless nights and bad headaches due to sleep apnea its not all about being slim for some people.

charliegirl

I know this must be frustrating, the journey always is. I did not know until the friday before my op weather it would happen as there had been a cock up with some final documentation from the psychologist team.

I got really worried and peeved as I had been on the pre-op diet for 3 weeks with the knowledge all was well. I just happened to phone about something else.

They called me Friday at 5pm to let me know it was happening after all.

So hang on in there, your time will come, in the meantime focus on the long term goal, the big picture and do positive stuff just for you to keep focused.

i agree with you kel the wait will be worth it, hope to see you back on here soon, (((hugs)))

liz xx

Thanks Liz I am contactable on my email and would value your support..x

susan70

How annoying hun, im sorry you have to wait again. I guess you just have to hope they pull there finger out and you get your op asap.

It will be worth the wait hun but annoying none the less.xx

gingernutter

Poor Linda,

I understand how you feel. We are all here for you. Hang in there. I too am here wondering when will I some get good news. I feel so lonely but I have you all who understand what I am going through.

You have worked so hard to obtain your funding. You have been given false hope. You also know someone can offer you this surgery very quickly but the PCT are holding all the cards. I am hoping the PCT will listen to Mr.Amori request to do your surgery with him. All is not lost.

If I were you I would feel broken. To have this at your finger tips then to have it snatched away. It is so unfair. I feel your pain and frustration.

There is light at the end of this tunnel. You have already jumped the biggest hurdle. I know this is little comfort to you at this time.

Please dont forget we are all here for you. We want to share in your weight journey. The ups and the downs.

You have been a key member here. You have always made such valuable contributions. You have help hold me up when I was feeling down. I hope you decide to stay with us on this forum as your support is very important to us all.

Keep smiling Linda you have so much to look forward too. This will be your last Christmas as a bigger lady. The little lady inside is almost OUT. So move over and give her room!

Hugs

Cat321

Shrinking
I think what Cazbandy was saying was that yes, we all know it's tough and that she was a bit worried with your sign off of 'Goodbye and Good Luck'

I think it doesn't matter how long one persons took from another, we have all been through the same emotions. I was lucky in that mine took about 7 months but that doesn't mean I didn't go through every emotion going! I was on the phone almost daily chasing things up, being told that it wasn't happening, that it was, that is wasn't again and I was utterly miserable and depressed for that time....and a good while before that. I know you have problems with your sleep and it can be hard expecially with the added pressure of dealing with all this but try to remember that we all have/or are going through this, and eventually it will happen.

Keep positive and I wish you lots of luck! xx

Gerry

Linda, I know exactly where you are coming from. My journey has been pretty similar to your own. First hassles with my GP who said I had to go on a weight management course for six months (or more) before the PCT would even look at my case. I contacted the PCT they told me that was not correct, back to the GP to tell her, she still insisted it was. I wrote direct to the consultant.....both he and the lady who runs the weight management said that with my disabilities, I should not do the weight management because the people running it were gym instructors and not knowledgeable enough to handle my condition. Back to the GP, once again she said the same. Got onto the PCT who contacted the GP and told her not to put words into their mouths and to just send them my referral with which I included a back up letter to put before the panel when they sat. This was over a period of a number of months. Next I was told when the panel were sitting, got all anxious and phoned later that day to find out the result, only to be told they were not doing my case that day, it was in a few weeks time :sigh: Then I was told the GP would tell me the outcome as they wouldn't know. Knowing my GP was only in two days a week I virtually gave up hope. Eventually, out of the blue, the lady from PCT phoned me to say I had the funding :D. Then came the battle that they said I couldn't go to Charring Cross..... more down time. Eventually I get my letter through to go for my appointment to get things moving, only to discover when we got there that it was a group meeting and we wouldn't get any chance at all to discuss what I'd put on the personal form I had to fill in (which I made a complete botch of and wanted to explain). The only 'personal' contact was 2 - 3 minutes when they checked our name, date of birth and which op we wanted to go for. That was it, out the door. I felt like a sheep. Alledgedly got the first appointment with the consultant this Friday, but will believe it when I see it. 7.30am, meaning leaving home before 6am. Just hope they will listen to my previous problems and understand them, rather than use them as tools to knock me back.

Sorry to uncork my hassles here, but just using them in an attempt to help you understand that the ride isn't smooth for a lot of people. My friend (same hospital, different GP, not a forum user) asked her GP about it and had her funding and first appointment within 2 months. I went on her time scale and thought I'd be having my op this past August. It won't be until after Christmas now. I'll have spent a year just waiting.

I hope you have some good news soon, and stick with it, it will be worth it in the end.

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Heh hun, when i got your text you siad everything was sorted. whats gone on now??? don't disappear babe keep posting so that we can try to help and support you. you know where i am anytime luv if you need me xx

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Sorry to sound Dumb what is a PCT ?
xx

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Primary Care Trust, they are the people that make the decisions on funding. They also run the hospitals near you so on the signs outside the hospitals it should say 'xyz primary care trust'.

IreneH

Just seen your post and realise how upsetting this must seem but there will be light at the end of the tunnel

Irene xx