• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

start of pre op diet

Muizenberg

Started pre op milk diet yesterday and went ok. Slight headache this morning possibly due to not drinking enough water yesterday.

Admittedly was not looking forward to the prospect of milk - yogurt diet and would have preferred the soup option. However soya milk and selecting one low fat plain / fruit yogurts makes it more palatable.

Going to start a personal diary with witty food related headings.

Off to the theatre tonight and hoping the seats are comfortable.

Ooooh not long now and you'll have your op!!!!! Good luck with the pre-op diet.
Hope you enjoy the theatre.

Muizenberg - My op is on the same day as yours. It feels very close now and will be here before we know it. I also started my pre op diet yesterday and it went ok. I am on protein shakes due to being intolerant to milk. I can't follow a low carb pre op because I have a malfunctioning band and would throw most of the food up which would swell the stomach and be detrimental for the op. Good luck with today's pre op endeavours!

About to start day three and going ok. Funnily enough thought I'd miss food a lot more. Trying to stay focussed as taken two years to get to this point. Hardest part remembering is to drink extra fluids.

Theatre was amazing and had aisle seats, phew.

Hi Muizenberg, sounds like your doing really well! I start mine on Monday. I worry I've become a little detached from the fact that its me having the surgery, almost feels like its happening to someone else. I'm sure its just down to nerves and anxiety but hoping the diet will bring me back to reality, Keep up the good work. XX

Audrasharon - I know exactly what you mean. When I had my band fitted, I still could not believe it was really happening as I lay on the operating table counting to ten (only got as far as three!) Afterwards I still could not believe it was over and kept inspecting the scars to reassure myself!

Day 4 and totally lost interest in food since yesterday and not really hungry / eaten much although trying to have some fluids (mainly herbal tea) and liquid vitamins.

Sounds like you are doing well. It was day 5 for me and then plain sailing. Best of luck :)

Thanks everyone. Starting day six and monthlies also started. The first week's not been as bad as expected and will check if lost any weight on Monday . Oh well roll on next week.

Muizenberg - our op is on the same day. I'll be thinking of you. I go to theatre in the morning. When are you scheduled?

Back