• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Started milk diet today.

jillyiant

Well my 14 days start today pre op milk diet, found it reasonably easy last time so hopeing it goes as well this time. I do have a wedding on saturday so will just have to be good. Also my nephews wedding after surgery so I hope things go smoothly and I get discharged quickly. No nerves as yet bit worried about that but perhaps they will come nearer the time, just pure excitement as finally getting surgery. Cant wait to start some exercise without feeling like my heads gonna pop! Great to see all the "lutoners" doing so well and of course the rest of you too. :D

Good luck I was very impressed with them at Luton happy to chat with you and encourage you along the way!!!!

Good luck! I found the second time hard, but its worth it in the end.

I had a really good start kept it up all day then cooked the other half dinner & stuck a sausage in my mouth, only ate half but did it without realising. Think your right Yvessa harder the second time around, thanks Lizzyanne think I might need encouragement. x

It is hard, but stick with it! Shrinking your liver will make your surgery safer as you will reduce the risk of bleeding.

Thanks yvessa will get it right today dont want anything bad happening or cancelling now im finally here and I know im one of the lucky ones. x

Sunday and still going strong, havent lost any weight though, thought I would by now, I did last time I was on milk diet.

don't loose heart you will loose weight, I'm on my second last day of a low carb one as I am tablet diabetic have to be at hospital for 2pm tomorrow then surgery for bypass on Tuesday I have stuck to diet been hard but finally here xx Good luck for the 12th xx

I also am type 2 on metformin twice a day but have been on milk diet twice now. lost loads last time from day one still as long as my liver shrinks. good luck for tomorrow x

Not so bad just getting very excited, Im worried because im really not nervous at all, it might kick in on thursday morning at 6am. Packed my bag and Im ready to go. We are going to travellodge tomorrow as im first on the list thursday, must be there for 7am, cant risk the traffic. Im more worried about not being able shower and wash my hair while in hospital and omg no make up.lol x

Don't worry about that I had my op first on the list had to be there at 7am, I was called down just before 8. (are you going straight to the theatres??) I was back on the ward by 1pm. The next morning I was fine to have a shower so I did, showered and hair washed I felt much better.

They have one hand held shower so you can avoid your wounds. Mind you they might have got the ladies bathrooms back up and running by now.

I assume I am going straight to theatre,(without knickers lol) he said I would have my surgery approx 8.30, fingers crossed its that early, I want to be out friday teatime, its what they told me one night and a day.

They asked if I wanted to go home after one night but to be honest I wasn't confident enough to do so. I was only just on free fluids so it was a steep learning curve. I declined and headed out the following day. I only live 40 minutes from the hospital, they lady in my ward from norfolk wasn't given the option to go early as they thought it was too far for her to come back if she wasn't well.

Don't rush and you'll be fine!!

Back