• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...

Red 42

novice bypasser
well, today's the day I start my pre op diet, early I know but I'm off to a wedding on 15th May and could do with losing a few pounds before then :rolleyes:

I have to lose 8lb before the op and had the choice of the milk & yoghurt or 1000cal/day, or slimfast....anyway I told the consultant Nurse that I had a weeks supply of Cambridge diet left from my last attempt at it and she said that would be fine.

I'm going to have 2 x CD packs and 1 meal of chicken & veg (as in broccoli/cauli/other greens) which should cover 10 days and then after that will decide on one of their preferred diets.

so...here we go...today is going really well and have already managed 2 ltrs of water (a mere miracle for me) :D

wish me luck...Red xx

Great start, and this is good prep mentally for after the op

Keeping calm and thinking before swallowing anything is the best way, keeping active will distract you as well as help the pounds fall off

Good luck! Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Good Luck hun I too start my pre op diet today maybe we could be diet buddies and give each other support 8o)

thank you all...tesmaralda, that's a great idea :D which pre op diet are you doing and where you going to have your op?

well, day 2 down and it's gone ok...have been at work today (9am till 8pm) so didn't have time to dwell on being hungry but didn't get the desired amount of water down either (not easy running for the loo every 5 mins when you work on a busy reception desk...I daren't even think about the loo or I've gotta go :eek:)

I've had reasonably good responses from the folks that I've told so far, with only my Sister having a nervous breakdown at the moment about me having the band done...I get the feeling that I'm going to end up consoling other people over MY op and worrying about them worrying (if that makes sense?! )

I'm looking forward to having it done...it's my last resort after 22 years of trying almost every diet, pills and potions, and have high expectations of it finally working for me :p

thank you all...tesmaralda, that's a great idea :D which pre op diet are you doing and where you going to have your op?

well, day 2 down and it's gone ok...have been at work today (9am till 8pm) so didn't have time to dwell on being hungry but didn't get the desired amount of water down either (not easy running for the loo every 5 mins when you work on a busy reception desk...I daren't even think about the loo or I've gotta go :eek:)

I've had reasonably good responses from the folks that I've told so far, with only my Sister having a nervous breakdown at the moment about me having the band done...I get the feeling that I'm going to end up consoling other people over MY op and worrying about them worrying (if that makes sense?! )

I'm looking forward to having it done...it's my last resort after 22 years of trying almost every diet, pills and potions, and have high expectations of it finally working for me :p

I'm doing the 2 week milk diet- today I had 2 pts of milk, 4 yoghurts, 2 and half litres of other free fluid - mainly flavoured water and squash and a low fat jelly. I'm having a bypass at Walsall Manor, its been ok so far lets see what tomorrow brings. If you want I can pm you my email address and phone number.

Hi Terri & B & R

I'm feeling fine...very calm (I'm like this with most thing...excited & hyped during the planning stage, say like a holiday and then calm once it's all booked) and that's how I'm feeling about having the band done. I guess having struggled for 22 years and tried everything else possible, it just seems a natural progressing...not sure how I'll be on the day or when I've got to leave Hubby & Son at home while I have it done though, but at the moment I feel like I've got to be strong for everyone else and end up reassuring them!...has anyone else found that they've had to do that?

don't get me wrong, I do keep having a little worry about how things will be post band, and can't imagine feeling full after very little food, because I can eat and eat until I'm really uncomfortable :eek: and hate leaving food (was brought up to eat everything on my plate as there wasn't anything else if we didn't) so I'll be overjoyed if It teaches me portion control.

yes, I think the glycogen is on it's way out...the top part of my tummy is reducing and has gone soft again, though it hasn't taken long to become obsessed with the daily weighing again! :scale:

oh I'm sooooo missing my Saturday night wine :boohoo: but haven't detoured from the diet :sigh:

well, no going back now...I've just parted with the cash for the op :wave_cry: and 2 weeks today that'll be me done :party0049:

am struggling a little on the early pre op diet (going to a wedding this Friday) but not going to stress about that too much this week.

as far as telling people goes, well my Husband told his Parents at the weekend and their reaction was sooooo positive, you could have knocked me down with a feather :faint2: not what I'd expected at all !

oh well...onwards and downwards :woohoo:

Red xx

Back