• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...

Red,

I'll be at Dolan Park having my band on the 24th! Will you be checking in then? Have started my pre-op diet as well - have been cutting out my fizzy drinks and is proving to be harder than I thought - I think it's the lack of caffeine - must drink more coffee! =)

Would love to meet you at hospital! Would be great to speak to someone who is going thru same thing at the same time!

All the best!
Kelly

Hi Kelly

from what I understand, I'll be getting there for round about 7am on the morning of the 25th May (am using their collection/drop off service), so you may still be there when I am...are you just in overnight? we shall have to try and meet up :)
I'm using up some Cambridge Diet packs at the moment (have enough for 3 more days) but think I'll then move on to 1000cals/day and try to avoid carbs....struggling to get the water down as usual :yuk:
Just been to Tesco's to get a nightie & some slippers, chewable vitamins & gripe water...couldn't get calcium chews there though....are you prepared?

Red xx

Red,

You're super prepared! Just picked up my vitamins at Boots over the weekend - will try to bring as little as possible to the hospital, but I always overpack! I've been using my leftover Celebrity Slim drinks - not too bad when you need something quick. You're a trooper to avoid carbs. They've been my best friend for so long, I must avoid them now as well! Oh well, it's all for the best, right?!

I'll be in overnight - leaving on Mon afternoon. I will look for you before I leave - I know we'll both be feeling perfect!! You'll know it's me by my American accent!

Keep me posted on how you're doing with eating. Knowing you're eating light, too, helps me thru!

Take care,
Kel

Hi Kelly and Red good luck to both of you for your band ops great to have a few of you doing the diet at once must be a great boost
Look forward to hearing how it all goes

Love Jay xx

thanks Jay...will be here before we know it :eek:

Hi Kelly..American accent eh? My Brother in Law is American :D I've got long red hair so you'll easily spot me :peep:

will pm you with my e-mail address if you want to have a chat anytime.

Red xx

All the best both of you. Well done for sticking to the pre op diet. It's not easy is it? Will look out for your posts next week - i'm in on Thursday so won't be near a laptop for a while. xx

ok, so the real nitty gritty starts today, milk and yoghurt pre op diet as only 7 days now till I'm banded :eek:

I lost 6lb by doing some CD packs in the run up to going to a wedding last Friday, but with having the rest of the weekend off have stuffed that up :copon: but not to worry, it'll be sorted!

Yvonne x

Keep going REd you will get there not long to do it now.
I am with Luton and Dunstable Trust and they have us doing 6weeks milk diet after seeing the dietician etc then another week before op
They like to see if you are truly committed. Harsh!!!
It will go right through my hols I think from what I have worked out seeing them Aug hols Sept, still not much I can do about that.
So hope that makes you feel better Red lol Good luck

Jay xx

:worthy: OMG Jay...7 weeks !!! :faint2:

I really don't feel too bad at the moment but it'll be towards the end of the week when the boredom sets in that'll be the trouble :rolleyes: but as it's costing me lots of money to have the op, I'd be daft not to follow things to the letter.

Yvonne xx

Back