• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

starting to doubt myself

xxsarahxx

Hi guys, i'm 3 weeks into my 4 week pre op diet. I won't lie, it's been tough going with plenty of ups and downs. I've been doing brilliantly. I weighed myself at boots and found that i've now lost 1 stone 6 pounds, i'm over the moon and hopefully this means my liver 's shrinking. So whats wrong???????

I CHEATED!!!!
I feel sick to my stomach with guilt and feel so down and ashamed...1 more week left and i go and do that.
I've often read on here the stories of people slipping up on their pre op diets and to be totally honest have wondered whether these people are taking it seriously. I used to think "i would never do that".
How wrong was i.:(

Makes me question whether i'm doomed to fail, yet again!!!!

What did you cheat with? Most likely if you get straight back to 100% you will be fine.

It is not that you will fail. After our ops we will not always be good all the te. It is how we handle it and balance it which will determine our success.

Don't let this knock you. You are doIng very well. You still have a whole week. You will be fine!

Good luck x

Thanks fuffs, i'm too embarrassed to say what i ate, it was more like a binge really. Same old pattern!!!

We all binge otherwise we would all be size zeros and not on the path we are on.

U have to take ir binge and learn from it, think of why u didn't, what could u have done to stop it or what could u have eaten that was health but curved the craving or hunger.

I find freezing things is the best way, for example, freezing low fat yogurt to make like an ice cream, grapes or strawberries or any fruit really and if needs must a fun size choco bar takes ya 3 times longer to eat n u feel like u have eaten loads

Hope ur ok hun xx

Don't be to hard on yourself, yes you slipped but you have recognised the whys and are addressing them by being on here asking for help if nothing else.
Right you slipped, now you are back on for the last week 100% as you had been for the previous 3 weeks 1st6lb is a great drop and you should be proud of that now focus on the last week and remember you can break habits and introduce new ones you had already over the last 3 weeks. Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and move on with renewed determination for this last week and you will hit that goal I am sure. Focus on preparing soups etc that you can freeze ready for post-op and planning how you can deal when next tempted.
Perhaps get yourself the Emotional First Aid Kit (a practical guide to life after bariatric surgery) by Cynthia L. Alexander. I brought it and it goes through all the challenges and habits we all have that have let us get to where we are with our weight and surgery goals and how to face, combat and change our habits by helping ourselve and getting others to support us when we wobble on our new path. Worth a read I got mine form amazon and it is a great help already helping me prepare my mind set for my op on the 5th July and beyond and be ableto dip back in each time I face a situation that in the past food would have been the solution.
Hope my waffle helps.

dnt be hard on yourself, i dont my pre op for two weeks, and on the 9th day i went to a BBQ and had a burger in a bun! i was gutted but it hadnt done anything to my liver, everything was fine. its sooooo hard to stay on the diet but soooo worth it! i regretted the burger but carried on after that anyway.

it reminded me why i needed the op if anything

keep on at it x

Thanks fuffs, i'm too embarrassed to say what i ate, it was more like a binge really. Same old pattern!!!

Maybe your mind craved one last rebellion lol. But if you hit it hard now and don't slip up for the next week, you will be fine, I am sure of it. Remember, some people only get a 1 week pre op. So your liver will be great and your weight loss already is :)

Give yourself a break lovely...we're all human. Stop beating yourself up, try and stay on track for your last week and think of that end goal. You can do it x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

We all have these mad moments that's what makes us human and overweight lol, just get back on track and you'll be fine, Karen x

I did the same I had a slip up on the pre op diet,but I got straight back on it and was still able to have my surgery a week ago. Don't worry there is no chance of slipping up post up! You will be fine, have faith in yourself you can do it.

I can't thank everyone enough for your comments and as usual fantastic support. I'm back on track and feel alot better for it. I just can't believe i did it, i was like a ravenous wild animal who had been hunting down food for days and then finally found some lol. Dramatic i know!!
I suppose i was just so disappointed in myself and felt like i'd let myself down. Like some of you have said it's why we are overweight to begin with.
I just wanted to do this all so perfectly and i now know that i will slip up, like i always have done but it's how fast you get up again i suppose x

Exactly!!! In future allow for slip ups and for your action plan of being extra good after. This will be a long learning curve. You are undoing a lifelong poor relationship with food. Would be very strange if you could do that overnight and be perfect forever more.

Sounds like you are back on your A game, so well done and good luck! X

Back