• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stay at weight or lose

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hi
I think i have asked this before but just wanted to double check.
i am on a 6 month weight management course before being "passed" for wls (a band) I am suppost to lose weight in teh 6 months which I am but am slightly worried that I get under the 40 bmi and am refused wls. This may seem a stupidthing to say I dont find it a problem to lose the weight when I try bloody hard but it is keeping it off. I have just ran almost 8 KM at the gym and done 725 cals and teh weigt s coming off steady.
I just don want to mess up my chances of wls as in teh end I cant spend the rest of my life going to the gym evey morning, I have to leave my 14 month old at my mums.
Thanks
xx

I also asked my hubby to check my height last night as I always thought i wa 5ft 5 to 5ft 6 well i am not I am 5ft 4 and a half so my bmi is higher than the gp and dietician think it is.

Make sure you tell them and when you see them ask how your suppose to maintain the loss when thats the area everyone who diets falls down on. Tell them you are concerned your doing all this but without their regular support you know the weight will come back on. Thats what I told Dr New the obesity consultant when he first suggested to me about weight management and he soon changed track and offered surgery...xx

I agree with CG. Make sure you stress the part about you can lose weight but you CAN'T keep it off. Tell them how much time you have to spend at the gym to get some weight loss & tell them that you can't maintain that level of activity in the long term. They know how the body works and can put 2 and 2 together. Surgery is a permanent solution where diets & intense exercise are temporary solutions at best.

Good luck hun.

N;)

Thanks I am back there on teh 10th of feb so will speak to them then x

Back