• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Month 2 of weight management course

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hi
Well I had my second visit to the WMC in Walkden manchester today, and my dietician was happpy with my 5lb loss and my food diary and excersize. I now only have 4 months left on thsi course and then I will be referred to Hope Hospital. Again today she brought up both the band and the bypass after she had told me to read up on them both last time. I dont want teh bypass as I dont want such a drastic operation. The Band seems a safer alternative although I know that teh weight loss is no where near the same.
I have 9 stone to lose to be my ideal BMI
She said that I dont have to chose now, can the surgeon refuse to do the band if they think I have too much weight to lose ? if so what is the point of me going through the 6 months.
Also she told me last time that the wait was 12 months and to think that 12 months from last nov I woudl have had it, she is now telling me 12 montsh from her reffering me to hope hospital !!!
Just feel a bit fobbed off at teh moment
xx
helen

Hiya,

My surgeon Dr Ammori also works out of hope hospital. I have 8stone to loose and he recommended the bypass to me. For me it seems too drastic and I felt that if i work really hard I could get fantastic results from the band. I told him Id considered both and decided the bypass wasnt for me and that i wanted the band. Even with my large amount to loose and his advise to go with the bypass, he respected my decision and was very supportive. He was so professional, kind and caring that I consider him to be the best surgeon Ive ever dealt with x

Thank you very much I hope to god I get him, you have made me think that they will listen rather than just speak LOL
Well done and thanks again
Helen

They can only recomend but it will be you that makes that final decision...

I know its tough going through all this stuff prior to surgery and sometimes it feels like walking through mud but you are on the journey - it has already begun for you....

And think long term, in 5 years time you will be fit, beautiful and at your target weight.

Back