• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Step 1 DONE! X

Shabbs12

Hi!
Had my bloods etc done yesterday, completing the first stage of the surgery process, the consultants said that I seemed really happy, bubbly, well it's the first time I have felt like that in a long time as now it's really happening for me, my journey begins and I will get to the healthy size I feel comfortable with.
Key thing to remember from speaking with consultants...don't got by weight go by dress size :D
Hope everyone is well X

Agree I was size 30 pre op & now size 16 in just over 6 months yippppeeee.

I've dropped from size 20 in May to a 14 or 12 (yippee) in some things. Not really losing much weight in the recent weeks, but dress sizes still going in the right direction!

The clothes that I wore to the hospital were binned weeks ago....

Love my band!

ThinnerJemima said:
I've dropped from size 20 in May to a 14 or 12 (yippee) in some things. Not really losing much weight in the recent weeks, but dress sizes still going in the right direction!

The clothes that I wore to the hospital were binned weeks ago....

Love my band!

Glad to hear it hun, that's fantastic I can't wait to love my band...:D x

Absolutely, gone from a 36 to 22 in 4 months. All the best, wont be long now :D x

shelleymarie said:
Absolutely, gone from a 36 to 22 in 4 months. All the best, wont be long now :D x

Blimmin Hell Shelleymarie!!!
Any tips/advice? Well done chick AMAZING!!! X

Omg wow Bellydancer I am amazed well done you, share your secret please X

Honestly no secrets. Just sticking to the rules, regular exercise, & being sensible.
I'm in my 7 month & plateaued again but lost 8 stones in total since my op. I am never hungry & in fact find it quite difficult to eat much but supplement my protein intake with good quality high protein shakes, drinks & soups. All approved by my hospital team. Good luck.

Bellydancer57 said:
Honestly no secrets. Just sticking to the rules, regular exercise, & being sensible.
I'm in my 7 month & plateaued again but lost 8 stones in total since my op. I am never hungry & in fact find it quite difficult to eat much but supplement my protein intake with good quality high protein shakes, drinks & soups. All approved by my hospital team. Good luck.

Well that's fantastic ;) keep it up lovely X

So just an update all tests came back ok so I am all good to go for the op...10th October ;D
I am having the gastroscopy this Friday ;-/ and today is day 1 of pre op diet...7 days of just low fat yogurt black tea and water ;( I really am finding it really hard ;..(

Shabbs12 said:
So just an update all tests came back ok so I am all good to go for the op...10th October ;D
I am having the gastroscopy this Friday ;-/ and today is day 1 of pre op diet...7 days of just low fat yogurt black tea and water ;( I really am finding it really hard ;..(

That brill news that test came back good.
Pre op diet is hard I must say but u will get throw it. And this time next month u will be lot lighter x c

Thanks so much for the encouragement Lisa, i am feeling good at just completing day one of the pre op lol ;)
Hope all is well with you sweetie X

Last edited:
Shabbs12 said:
Thanks so much for the encouragement Lisa, i am feeling good at just completing day one of the pre op lol ;)
Hope all is well with you sweetie X

Well done Hun u should be proud of ur self 1down 6days to go woohoo, yeah am good ta chick, x x

Back