• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Steroid cortisone injections

luckyla

Hi everyone

I have a problem with my shoulder.
My GP has suggested that I have a steroid injection. Why do I always go onto the Internet and frighten myself to death!!
Has anyone on here had them and if so had any bad side effects? I'd really love to hear some positive stories as all I've read so far is negative.
Has anyone gained weight as a result of a steroid injection?

I hope to get some replies :)

My mam has had steroid injection due to having a bad hip and wrist, it's not affected her weight or made her symptoms any better. But they don't no what's wrong with her yet as all scans normal even though her wrist has got a huge lump, so they are just guessing course of treatment that might work. She has had no side affect either. X

I've had 5 in the past 10yrs ... 3 in my shoulder & 2 on my elbows due to frozen joints. They were BRILLIANT & made my sore joints painfree for 2 yrs or longer. Since my op though, they seem to have resolved the problem themselves :) No weight gain either ... well not due to the injections anyway, lol. Hope you are pain free soon too, sweetie xxx :wave_cry:

Hiya my mum has severe artheritus in her hands, feet and her right shoulder and she had a steriod injection yesterday.... when she has them she feels great for a few months, she has never had any side effects and she has had to have them in her legs aswell for the last few years xx

I have had the injection in my finger and have to say, like with any injection, there is discomfort but its soon over with. The results last on average of 6 months and as far as I know, only a steroid taken orally can cause some weight gain. Good luck to you and I hope you get some relief soon.

Back