• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still being sick after some meals

hollywood30

I had 1ml taken out of my band so I was down to 4.5ml, I feel like its not too 'tight' any more but I still cant eat certain foods :sigh: the dietician wanted me to start eating more crunchy foods such as pitta bread so I tried that and ended up throwing it all back up. Salad,noodles and meats I throw back up too. I just dont get it, maybe im eating too fast? or eating too much? I just dont know, any advice or past experiences you have had would be appreciated x

I do find chewing loads and loads helps and also having wetter food if my band feels tight. Also waiting between mouthfuls and eating slower. Hope it works out for you x

A lot banders struggle with meat and bread. I dont eat meat but I haven't touched any type of bread since my pre op.

Bread (even pitta) will swell up inside your banded tum, putting salad into your pouch too could be why its coming back up - it has nowhere to go if the pitta is blocking its way.

Just my opinion though xx

I do eat meat and snack size pitta ... But tbh it seems quite early days after your op for those...unless the meat is minced. Have you tried toasting your pitta. Sometimes it's easier to eat that way. Bread generally however is a thing I tend to avoid. One teeny little bit of brown soda bread is even too filling. Mazza is so right, maybe you are blocking your band. What about saving pitta for example to end of meal and just have a teeny bit to keep you feeling fuller for longer...

I know it's supposed to be the wrong thing to do ... to eat and read or watch the tele, but I find it helps to slow down the eating too. Gives your food the time to work its way through the band, rather than back up. I eat my meals and sit on this site typing. I cannot eat as fast using just the one hand LOL ... bear with it, you will learn what works for you :)

I had 1ml taken out of my band so I was down to 4.5ml, I feel like its not too 'tight' any more but I still cant eat certain foods :sigh: the dietician wanted me to start eating more crunchy foods such as pitta bread so I tried that and ended up throwing it all back up. Salad,noodles and meats I throw back up too. I just dont get it, maybe im eating too fast? or eating too much? I just dont know, any advice or past experiences you have had would be appreciated x

Hello there Hollywood, Right firstly please try not to get yourself too stressed out as this will not help matters. Not everyone can eat everything. I myself can eat all meat types, my other bander friend can eat no meat at all everyone is different hun.

Noodles and most salad stuff are a no no for me as well so your not alone -
What may be a good idea for you is to write down and make a note of the things you can eat and introduce new foods slowly. The reason the dietitian wants you to eat more solid food so that you get fuller quicker and not rely on feeling full with slider foods etc and there in the weight will start coming off more. ( hope that makes sense) Once you start to make a note of what you can/cannot eat you will stay away from these foods and begin to enjoy your meals and not worry about barfing it up . Wishing you all the best - Julie xx

I find the position I eat in helps too, if I sit bent over too much at the table things get stuck, and if the belt on my trousers is digging in it can cause restriction!

thankyou everyone! Been slowing down a lot more and it has helped alot. Do any of you know any good weighing scales? (to weigh myself not food HA) Ive got electronic ones from argos and they arent very good, also got the original scales the type where the dial just goes up(if that makes sense) They are also rubbish as they are like a stone out or something even though the dial is on 0. thanks everyone x

I have the weight watchers scales, very simple but accurate and they are a few years old now. Not too expensive either.

Back