• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st fill today

mandymoo

Off this afternoon to get fill but have just notice a stitch still in on the right side - please tell me this isn't where my port is grrrrr?? Xx

I'm off too to have my fill soon. 20 mins actually. My port is all over the shop. Think that's what the prolem may be!
good luck, we can compare notes later!
xxxx

Miss hungry said:
I'm off too to have my fill soon. 20 mins actually. My port is all over the shop. Think that's what the prolem may be!
good luck, we can compare notes later!
xxxx

Good luck sweet hopefully all goes well for both of us, let me know how you go. Not looking forward to liquids again lol xx

Neen said:
Good luck today Mandy!!
Hope all goes well xxx Usually the team say where your port is...some on the side and some on the chest bone (mine is stitched to my chest muscle roughly between my ladybumps!)

Thanks Neen they didn't seem to go that high on me all of the others have healed lovely that ones not too bad but defiantly a stitch there can't believe I've only just noticed it - what am I like lol xx

I'm back.....Bring on the trumpets! After 3 months I have finally had a fill!
Blimey, it wasn't easy though. My port is facing down slightly so the nurse had to try and manipulate it up and grab hold of it to get the needle in! She showed me the needle after...it was really bent!
It now says on my notes...difficult port. Why me?!
She put 1 and a half mil in taking me up to 5 and a half altogether.
Hope yours went smoothly mandymoo. I can't believe Ive got to have fluid for my tea! lol

Miss hungry said:
Blimey, it wasn't easy though. My port is facing down slightly so the nurse had to try and manipulate it up and grab hold of it to get the needle in! She showed me the needle after...it was really bent!
Hope yours went smoothly mandymoo. I can't believe Ive got to have fluid for my tea! lol

Sure it didn't say 'Difficult patient'! Lol - only joking x

Great news you had a fill. Did you have 4ml in to start with then? Did you feel you needed the restriction ?

Miss hungry said:

Glad your done Hun, bless ya. Think we both had a spot of bad luck. No probs finding my port but decided to give me 7 eek then asked me to drink some water, had a drink was like 'I'm fine' over confidently lol then it hit me sooo sore. Consultant said does it feel like a heart attack - yes I screamed, umm he said slightly too much so removed 1 leaving me 6 got me to drink again felt tight but went down phew. Hope this means I have really good restriction whoop whoop xx

wow good going girls. i have no idea where my port is! have five marks... which are healing.... anyway i have 4 weeks befor i can get a fill x

Maura said:
wow good going girls. i have no idea where my port is! have five marks... which are healing.... anyway i have 4 weeks befor i can get a fill x

Hi Maura,

The nurse said that my port was the middle one, that one has a big bruise.

The Chopster said:
Hi Maura,

The nurse said that my port was the middle one, that one has a big bruise.

Mine was the biggest scar not sure if thus is the case all the time. Mines was low, but consultant said it varies xx

Sure it didn't say 'Difficult patient'! Lol - only joking x

Great news you had a fill. Did you have 4ml in to start with then? Did you feel you needed the restriction ?
Yes I had 4 mls put in when I was banded. I didn't feel any restriction from that. I hope I might feel a bit now, will have to wait till I'm back on solids.
x

Glad your done Hun, bless ya. Think we both had a spot of bad luck. No probs finding my port but decided to give me 7 eek then asked me to drink some water, had a drink was like 'I'm fine' over confidently lol then it hit me sooo sore. Consultant said does it feel like a heart attack - yes I screamed, umm he said slightly too much so removed 1 leaving me 6 got me to drink again felt tight but went down phew. Hope this means I have really good restriction whoop whoop xx
7!! I didn't know they put that much in! wow, i hope you get lovely restriction from that.
I really struggled with my fluid tea! I had a slimfast about 5pm, was really hungry, then had a cup-a-soup and was starving all evening untill I broke and had a small bowl of mini weetabix. Naughty I know, but I let the milk soak in and really chewed it.
Tomorrow I will be mostly having soup! Dull Dull Dull!

I know was surprised but ended up with 6 in don't feel any restriction but haven't pushed it 2 slimfasts & soup for tea - love it pea & ham fresh soup from asda, at mo straining it after liquidating it can't wait to try it with having to do all that xx

Back