• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain on lower left hand side!!

Mand77

Hi all,

I have a wicked pain low down on my left hand side it reminds me of when I had a water infection when pregnant.

Can someone tell me where my port is located so I can see if its this. I was done at Dolan Park with THG. I don't want to bother the doc but can I still possibly get a water infection drinking water in the amounts I currently do.

Any advice would be great I am in agony. X

Depending on whether you had SILS or normal band placement, but the tubing that runs from the band to the port is usually located and attached to the muscles on the left hand side.

My port started off down below my ribs but has now moved up a couple of inches so its at the bottom of my ribs as I can feel it when I bend over and it moves under my ribs.

Have you done anything exercise wise that may have caused the pain?

If not, check with your provider and if not head to the GP :)

Depending on whether you had SILS or normal band placement, but the tubing that runs from the band to the port is usually located and attached to the muscles on the left hand side.

My port started off down below my ribs but has now moved up a couple of inches so its at the bottom of my ribs as I can feel it when I bend over and it moves under my ribs.

Have you done anything exercise wise that may have caused the pain?

If not, check with your provider and if not head to the GP :)

Hi

No not done any exercise recently I woke up with it the other day. I am 5 weeks post surgery so wondered if it had something to do with that. If feels like its near my ribs but sometimes it feels lower down. I think I will give it till next week to settle and if not head to the docs. X

it could well be the tubing on the muscle and this can take weeks even a few months to settle down

I've got pain on my lower left hand side at the moment, and I'm six months post-op. Well, it's more of a dull ache. I've had it for a week now and it feels like I've pulled a muscle.

I hope yours settles down - and mine too!

I've got pain on my lower left hand side at the moment, and I'm six months post-op. Well, it's more of a dull ache. I've had it for a week now and it feels like I've pulled a muscle.

I hope yours settles down - and mine too!

Hi banderbird

Yeah that sounds just like mine it hurts if I sneeze or yawn that us why I presumed it could be the muscle. Fingers crossed eh! X

Mine feels a lot better today, how is yours?

Hi

The pain seens to have moved upwards so its got to be my port settling down. Doesn't feel as painful as yesterday so fingers crossed it settles down now.

Thanks for asking have a lovely weekend :)

My port can often be uncomfortable. Its a dull ache, I find its worse if I haven't been to the loo for a couple of days or if im full of wind. Also I had a week of killing the cross trainer and then had pain for days. I was told I had over worked the muscle. Phone your provider that's what the aftercare team are for.

Hope you are both feeling better today.

Yeah I think I did mine spinning. Pain is gone today, hurrah!

Hi

The pain seens to have moved upwards so its got to be my port settling down. Doesn't feel as painful as yesterday so fingers crossed it settles down now.

Thanks for asking have a lovely weekend :)

Many thanks, you too!

Back